Likes - Activity - yomo1 - Algorand

Astro Explorer Retroactive Funding Open Source Handoff

Thank you for the response. My point was just to make sure your proposal brings actual value to the chain and by removing hard binding to community tokens in a way that it becomes more like a white labeled gaming solution and marketplace, I personally think that value will be guaranteed.

I’ll be short - any active gaming project in the Algorand ecosystem brings tons of value because games are where the user retention is (because then $$ incentives dry up, games are still fun), and all these gamers are potential users of other ecosystem products. The proposal itself has my personal support.

I checked the Astro Explorer and find the general idea very nice: to have arcade games played on Algorand and Web 3.0 in general, but I have big doubts about usability, security, UX, and traction, and I would love to see some improvements before this project can be considered an asset for the community.

I’ve never come across anyone on Algorand that hadn’t heard of Astro Explorer — it has been live for quite a while without any assistance, just a dedicated creator. I own some of the tokenized characters from the game myself, and although I am not particularly interested in the Java-based implementation...