All - Activity - yazyyyyyyy.algo - Algorand

xGov Council Election 2025

Due to a major wave of votes mid-session, two candidates have shifted around the cutoff line. Will things settle here, or will there be more changes? One to watch closely. Current voter turnout: 81%.

Newbie forgot where he staked his Algorand

With this OG project, ASA Stats, you can check a full list of assets by simply entering an account address. I also check it regularly myself to make sure I haven’t forgotten to unstake anything.

hampelman.algo has created a real-time visualization of on-chain democratic governance. You can see the influence of whales with over 10,000 votes.

Funk from Lute has released a real-time results tracking site.

I used ChatGPT to generate preliminary results. There may be errors, so please treat this as a reference only. For accurate information, please check the official governance site.

[742319592] test thread for mock proposal

krby feels healed → becomes full of energy and inspiration strikes → launches a project using Algorand with community involvement, sparking a global movement → transaction volume increases → ALGO price rises. P.S. I’ll also provide carefully curated, up-to-date trending anime info from Japan.

I agree with this. There’s real value in taking swift action. However, making changes at this point would only cause more confusion, so I think we have no choice but to proceed as is. I hope that next time, clear rules will be set in advance for situations like this.

There is a link error among the candidates for Governance Period 15, so I’d like to report it. Measure #19 Wilder Stubbs Read Wilder’s full application (PR-02) before voting. The correct URL is here: Wilder’s Application

List of xGov Council candidates

Here, I created a list of xGov Council candidates. There are also icons, so I think it’s easier to visualize. Please feel free to use it for comparison and consideration. The Japanese community is working hard too!

Deploy a algo node but didn't get any data

If you have any questions about nodes, please contact the “Node Runners” channel on the official Algorand discord. Everyone is happy to help you.

Proposal regarding compensation

Council members will not be compensated with ALGO payments, but rather will be given an official Foundation NFT each month, similar to Pera’s governance NFT. Once received, individuals are free to sell it on the market or hold on to it.

Regarding the proposal to have 13 council members

The number 13 is not a very lucky number even for Japanese people, let alone overseas. Therefore, I propose an initial number of council members of 17.

One suggestion is that each candidate would state how much personal information they are willing to disclose, and users would then make their own judgment and cast their vote.

GP13 DeFi Rewards (TDR) Proposal - Messina

Here’s a project that might be of interest to you. The article is in Japanese, so please feel free to use your browser’s translation feature. It’s about Pendle’s yield tokenization.

ALGO as a utility token

What I think is that Algorand is a platform for utility, and aiming for capital gains with the native token ALGO is misguided. In other words, ALGO is merely a utility token for decentralizing consensus and paying gas fees. This is my personal opinion, and of course, I’m saying this while holding a stake.

It was also discussed in the Messina thread

New account bonuses are prone to abuse. Therefore, if bonuses are to be given, wouldn’t it be better to issue them based on usage rather than per account? In particular, we want to attract users from outside Algorand and activate the chain.

GP12 DeFi Rewards TDR Brainstorm - Messina

I see the future in the Token Bridge feature. When users from other chains want to try Algorand, being able to easily bring USDC without CEX or DEX is a huge advantage and a great UI/UX.