All - Activity - Xicor - Algorand
Governance Discussions
xGov Community meeting New Version 2024/04/04
Apr 5, 2024
Okay, so it’s not cumulative, thanks. Looks good to me.
xGov Community meeting New Version 2024/04/04
Apr 4, 2024
Just one question…is the voting reset? Meaning we get xgov votes based on newly proposed blocks or will it include previously proposed blocks?
xGov Voting Session #2 - Retrospective
Dec 15, 2023
I definitely agree with increasing the minimum for reserve to 80%. Also there should definitely be a cap on the amount used in the reserve. Shouldn’t be able to have 100% pass just because of reserve. The objective isn’t to just spend all of the funds after all.
Poll #2.1 xGov Voting Mechanism Improvement Proposal: Project Quorum Definition
Oct 20, 2023
I think the issue is that since there’s no roll up of lost votes, it might be difficult to get to higher percentages. I think a super majority should be good enough.
Poll #2.1 xGov Voting Mechanism Improvement Proposal: Project Quorum Definition
Oct 20, 2023
The problem is that tons of proposals leads to a ton of splitting of votes. Since there’s no ranked choice system (meaning if one of my votes obviously doesn’t get funded, it gets rolled into another one), there are always going to be tons of projects that don't get anywhere near 90%.
xGov Voting Mechanism Improvement Proposal: Results & 2nd Iteration
Oct 19, 2023
To me it seemed like the consensus was "the global quorum gives a few whales and their technical problems the ability to shut down xgov" lot of people seemed to not like that idea.
Voting Mechanism Improvement Proposal for xGov Fund Distribution
Oct 11, 2023
If quorum isn’t met, what happens to the governance rewards? Or people who don’t vote, does it lose their funds?
Voting Mechanism Improvement Proposal for xGov Fund Distribution
Oct 6, 2023
I like the idea of using actual voting power instead of total stake, but I think too many garbage projects are going to get funded with the 33% threshold per project. I think it should be 50% minimum, but I’d prefer a 60% supermajority. I agree with capping the number of proposals per period.
Trust Wallet Security
May 4, 2023
I guess what I’m asking is it’s possible you signed something on some dapp somewhere that you shouldn’t have. Tons of people use trust wallet. If it wasn’t secure, it would be way more ppl getting hacked. There are also a ton of scammers out there acting as ‘support’ who are just there to steal your funds.
Trust Wallet Security
May 4, 2023
And you didn’t go to any weird dapps from a random link you found? Or got phished?
Trust Wallet Security
May 3, 2023
Are you sure you were using the real trust wallet? I know quite a few people who use it without issue.