Replies - Activity - will - Algorand
Indexer Inner Transaction Design
Sep 30, 2022
TxnCounter was added along with ASAs as a way to generate the unique IDs
The TxnCounter was not part of the consensus protocol when we launched, which is why you don’t see it until round 3317192 on mainnet. In addition, there were some empty blocks before it. The value would have been omitted until the first transaction after the protocol upgrade.
This is optimized for querying, by structuring it this way we’re able to match on an inner transaction and return the root transaction. For more efficient storage, it would probably be better to reconstruct the inner transaction tree from individual transactions. The downside is that would require …
The release notes about this feature are a little misleading. It was implemented and included in 2.10.0, but the feature is completely disabled. If you see a provided disabled parameter error, it means you’re using an unreleased version of Indexer. You can continue using this version, but please ta…
Atomic Transfers in Sandbox
Jan 22, 2020
I think this works, I just pushed a change to the sandbox and now you can work with the transactions on your local machine:
$ ./sandbox goal clerk send -f newAcct1 -t newAcct2 -a 5000 -o 3.tx
$ ls data/*tx
data/3.tx
Maybe the sandbox could always set the working directory to the data directory with -w, that way you could concatenate files together on the host machine. Could you try adding -w /opt/algorand/node/data to the goal command on line 310 of the sandbox script and see if that works?
Running node on Google Free Tier
Aug 15, 2019
Hi @fabiorush, the catchup process is definitely going to take longer and longer as time goes by and the blockchain gets longer. I haven’t done any benchmarking, so I’m not sure how long this is expected to take, but this sounds about right. I think that most of the work being done is compute bound…