Replies - Activity - wayne - Algorand
How is an Algorand's address made?
Hilariously it seems that the whole thing about imputing the implied vol of the puts was only part of the story because of the accredited investor discount! This is a component of the auction price of algo that wasn’t previously discussed but seems so obvious now. More info about coinlist process a…
Algorand's fork of libsodium
Cool! I love that you guys added in the VRF primitives. Do you think it will ever get merged upstream? Has this gone through security audit? Thanks for posting a link to the diff. Regarding having the fork in-tree, submodules is actually a pretty common approach depending on language. Normally, th…
How anonymous/private are transactions, versus say Monero, Zcash?
also worth mentioning here is that when algorand open sources their blockchain the mimblewimble protocol of grin/beam could also be implemented with algorand POS/consensus but it is a different blockchain format and would require a new chain
What is Algorand's binary serialization format?
It makes sense to me, it is somewhat unique in my experience. Interestingly, you then are implicitly sort of requiring language support so you need to re-implement all of this in each language you want to use. And there are a lot of languages. It looks to me like there is a nice microservice brewing…
Wow this is cool, I am surprised to see this in the client code though, I will definitely be taking a closer look into the clients. Usually they’re pretty dumb, you generally want them to do as little as possible. I am surprised to see the base32 representation rather than the more common and compa…
TestNet v0.2.11 Release
That’s interesting, I had the sync time 0.0 seconds.
Sorry if this has been answered before, I just started algod and it’s running at a high CPU. Is this expected behavior? It almost looks like it’s CPU mining. My understanding from Silvio’s talk is that running this process should be very minimal on compute.
Bitcoin rpc compatibility layer
Yes those are the RPC calls that I’m talking about. Interestingly, there is a comprehensive test suite here that is independent of implementation. Because there are so many bitcoin forks supporting their RPC format would be a huge win for compatibility. 100% coverage of wallet and node functionality would be safe but not mining would not be necessary for exchange integration.