Likes - Activity - TTogle - Algorand
Concerns over Binance Algo holdings getting too Big?!
No exchange or institution should be allowed to vote in governance. That is a major conflict of interest.
Thoughts after attending Decipher's Governance Roundtable on xGovs & ARC-33 Proposal
I attended Decipher this year, and spent over an hour talking and listening with Massimo, Adri, and Michel from the foundation and I wanted to share my thoughts on Governance going forward, as well as thoughts on their recent ARC-33 proposal. You can find that proposal here.
Incentivizing participation in the network
It would be interesting if people participated in the network by default, as long as there are no downsides. To encourage participation, we could make the node software as lightweight as possible and offer benefits, such as lower transaction fees, for those senders whose address is in the participation list.
Building network effects
Over the past year, I have seen a lot of initiatives to encourage developers to build new projects on Algorand. While having legitimate projects is certainly important for success, it is not enough on its own to ensure victory.
Attack scenario discussion
Ok so under this attack scenario, nodes with high stake would be prioritized by relays during broadcast to ensure they receive important messages first. This makes sense. I am trying to get the full picture of how the mitigation works during a sustained attack.
Feedback on recent developments
I think the appropriate response is to disallow any exchange, Algorand Inc., or Algorand Foundation from voting in Governance.
I think that losing 1M $ is unfortunate, but we were all celebrating the listing on FTX at the time. Listing on Binance and hopefully other big exchanges is in my opinion critical to get people involved in the ecosystem. It is by far the cheapest way to get USDC on Algorand.
I’ve read and it was part of past transparency reports too. There are two key token sellers: the foundation and inc. and both mention following some rules in their transparency reports:
Issues with Sandbox and Node Services
I think this may have had to do with the fact that I had recently updated my Mac’s OSX. It required me to re-download the XCode developer tools and was making many terminal commands work poorly until I did. Thanks for the help!
Full OS reinstall 64bits this time, its faster and did not crash, lets go!