Replies - Activity - tom.gnade - Algorand
Confidential Token on Algorand
Mar 8, 2023
I think it would be good to add a confidential feature to any transaction, where either the source, destination wallets or the transaction amount - or all three - are concealed unless both parties agree to reveal the details to an inquiry. Is that something that could be done with a smart contract s…
Pre-installed Nodes
Sep 16, 2022
I’m not sure what a node wallet is but it sounds like an interesting idea. I’m sure someone could just containerize a configured node and make it really simple to deploy one on AWS or Azure. You would still have to maintain it, keep it online, update it, and pay for it though. The setup isn’t too di…
Identity based governance
Jul 25, 2022
Maybe a “bicameral” system with 1d1v in the “House” and 1p1v in the “Senate”? Still would depend upon the validation of each unique person. They do it for Binance or other trading platforms, so it could be possible to create a registry or validated wallets, so it would really be 1vp1v - 1 vote per v…
How to increase the speed of Algorand mainnet data loading
Apr 29, 2022
Algorand #node-runners
from @Urtho 4/25/22: "try adding "AccountsRebuildSynchronousMode": 0, "LedgerSynchronousMode": 0,
to the config.json and see if this speeds things up" I’m having the same issue. If you do make this change, I recommend saving a copy of the config.json so y…
Error when attempting to update to latest release on Ubuntu relay node - please help
Mar 4, 2022
Ok, done. The node is running 3.4.2. Thanks for the help. It is odd though - I ran the add key command last night and the update failed. Everything checks out ok now though, so all good. Thanks for the assist.