All - Activity - thezec - Algorand
GP8 Measures DRAFT for Community Feedback
I always liked the governance program, but how many times more do we have to vote on the same exact topic? NFT and DeFi rewards are being voted on for the last what, 4 periods? Meanwhile everytime rewards from nodes are being asked and keep getting ignored. I feel a little let down by the meaningfu…
Algorand's self inflected wound
Yes sorry I misunderstood you. What I mean, is that really after initial euphoria I just think that Algorand as an investment was a big failure on my part, and I now accepted that for it to become profitable again we will need two things: time and development. Luckily those are mostly independent fr…
Don’t get me wrong, problems exist and need to be acknowledged
But this doesn’t automatically mean that your proposal is good, I’m sorry. I’d like to offer a constructive solution instead of just saying that your proposal is bad but I honestly can’t think of anything that isn’t…
How did you discover Algorand?
By the way, if you do not already, I think that posting this question it in the AlgorandOfficial subreddit would get you many, many more answers than in this official forum.
Fricking Coin Bureau about mid 2021
I was new to Crypto and watched like 20 of his videos when he still covered many projects, and I remember being impressed by Algorand and mostly its team the most. Obviously I didn’t know anything at the time about technical metrics, PPoS, tokenomics etc. are, so…
Governance Update - GP6 Key Dates + Gov Advisory Committee + Website Review
Nothing really constructive to say, but I just wanted to say that I’m grateful that there is finally someone who is the clear manager of the Governance program, who shows transparency and does answer questions for a Governance program that has really been somewhat nebulous in the past. Thank you Adri…
[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance
I’m also in this camp. Make node setup noob friendly, than tie governance to it. If you cannot run your node, join through some protocol like Folks Finance.
A proposal in lieu of M3 (Incentivize Nodes instead of NFTs)
Amen to that. I wrote a similar post in the thread asking for feedback. Supporting NFT creators with tools and events or workshop or whatnot is a thing that I would endorse, but creating a NFT collection is not something that the Foundation should be concerned about. Then there is the more importan…
Binance risk and USDCa
I think that losing 1M $ is unfortunate, but we were all celebrating the listing on FTX at the time. Listing on Binance and hopefully other big exchanges is in my opinion critical to get people involved in the ecosystem. It is by far the cheapest way to get USDC on Algorand, with the other methods h…
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
Measure 1: I think that the vote really should have been to ask if governors are OK with changing by a significant amount (45M token distributed instead of 70M each period) the tokenomics of the whole protocol. Not discussing this changes really makes Governance like a joke, sorry to be blunt. The …
Pre-installed Nodes
I concur. I can absolutely make sure that my node stays online, but it would be harder to understand and resolve a problem if my node missbehaves for some reason as it is right now. One simple example, I could not make my node be able to restart if power went off, no matter how many hours I tried a…
Pre-installed Nodes
This this this this. Maybe not relays, but I’m honestly baffled why we don’t have at least installers with a GUI for participation nodes. Really, how many more nodes would pop up if installing them would be noob proof? I bet that many of us have capable hardware laying around, but just lack the know…
XGOV/Dapp/DAO's relay node runners
It isn’t impossible, but without any knowledge of linux and/or command line it becomes very hard. I only used windows my whole life, and it took me quite some time to get my node running, mostly because even following the instructions I didn’t know what my commands would do, and only after researching…
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
I didn’t think about that. Still tough I don’t like having debt if I really don’t have too, but at this point the problem lies in me and is not system wide.
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
I’m happy to see that more and more the question arises about what to do with node runners. The way I see, right now it is possible to participate in DeFi and Governance and it is possible to participate in Governance and run a node. It is not possible however to run a node and participate in DeFi.
Algorand plans for FIFA partnership?! Why no update yet!
I’m way more interested in the technical partnership for FIFA than the marketing side tbh. I actually think that the best case scenario is that FIFA releases an app/ a game/infrastructure that interact with Algorand and the user is never aware of it. Huge adoption without a hint of what it is being …
State Proofs Current Status?
Node starts but doesn't vote on boot
I have a problem with my node. It did work just fine until I had to reboot it. Now it seems like it started, but when grepping node.log I don’t get any new vote (I used to get a new vote every 3-5 minutes before using “grep “VoteBroadcast” node.log”). When running “sudo systemctl status algorand” I …
New participation node hardware requirements
That was a fast answer, thank you! There would be an SSD. What do you consider a significant stake to be?
New participation node hardware requirements
Hello, I would like to know what are the new hardware requirements in order to be able to run a participation node. I ask this because I just got a raspberry pi 4 (8GB) and now I think I might have to try to sell it. Thank you!