All - Activity - somethingnewgood - Algorand

Participation node catchpoint failing midway

Thanks tsachi, for some reason I only get only 110 Mbps sequential IOPS on my disk and less than 1 Mbps 4K RW. Didn’t realize it was so slow. I’ll fix it first and then try running the node again.


tsachi, yeah happened every time. I did connectivity tests to internet during freeze such as ping to yahoo, google but no drops seen. cpu < 2%, memory < 2gb. quite normal. Internet is 50 Mbps. Algod process is active too. maybe I should do tcpdump too to see which side not responding. Have you se…


Thank you Fabrice. The host has SATA SSD. However 6 million accounts are processed flawlessly, then no updates for 10 minutes and eventually catchup restarts. Another thing, AlgoExplorer shows a current TPS of 12-13 which doesn’t look really big. Or am I reading the data wrong? Probably it’s the sy…


Same behavior on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS too.


Hi team, need help. I run a participation node on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Algorand packages install all OK. Catchpoint update runs really well but then fails almost midway. Observed following logs in node.log file that could indicate an issue. {“file”:“bootstrap.go”,“function”:“ github.com/algorand/go-al…