All - Activity - SilentRhetoric - Algorand

Cenzorship? Today I've got banned from an AF Telegram group

I don’t admin the TG channels, but I’ll relay this to the folks who do to see what happened.

Help with Node "Staking Rewards Not Eligible"

When you prepare the key registration transaction, it needs a 2 Algo fee on it to set your account as eligible for staking rewards.

xGov-86: Bonfire

TypeEnum is used to represent the type of a transaction as an integer, and 4 represents an AssetTransfer. I actually have no idea where this is in our main docs, but I remember it from writing PyTeal: Transaction Fields and Global Parameters — PyTeal documentation

Let’s break down the raw Teal int…

A few more things about the smart contract

Smart contracts don’t need to have any special logic in their TEAL code related to their creation. It is possible to have a method that sets up initial state or things like that, but this is purely optional. The burn app currently has just the opt in me…

This is a good question

It requires understanding a few things about Algorand’s smart contracts to fully grasp why the Bonfire account is, in fact, an address to which there is one way in and no way out. Algorand application addresses can be derived from the application ID following the procedure …

How to send a box reference within inner txn

The box refs must go on the outer txn, and you can use the simulate on the transaction to find out what references are needed.

Where is my algorand? please help me!

Never give your seed phrase to anyone. Make sure you are talking to legitimate support and not the army of fake support scammers. Also ensure you are using the latest version of whatever wallet software/firmware from a trusted download source.

Consistent Algorand API Services – Seeking Stability and Advice

I personally use Nodely in my projects and have met the lovely @urtho in person, so I would recommend his service. I would also encourage you to run your own node! We have a node-runners channel in our Discord if you want or need any help along the way.

Revisiting the Conversation around ASA Opt-in and Airdrop Architecture

I agree. I’m going to be doing a planning session before Decipher to strategize for 2H24 into next year, and this topic is on my list.

The best way to help us solve for opt-in friction

is to build awareness and momentum around this draft ARC-59:

Get the App ID of new Application created by inner transaction

I believe this example is what you are looking to do:

Problems with Algorand explorers

What, exactly, are you expecting to see as results for CDRLCYZICK7XEBZ7M4HKYWNB7ZZLO4BFOQ5RGZNMHQ5ZH7EZWUDFQ6Z32U on Mainnet? This is a valid address but the account has nothing in it.

[Wallet Council][Breakoutgroup][Opt-in]

I want to address this because opt in is a significant friction point for Algorand adoption. Although NFD vaults are a commercial (you have to buy an NFD) solution for degens who want to receive airdrops, they do not address other use cases.

xGov 186: TxnLab Use-Wallet Discussion

The use-wallet library is a critical bit of open source code that dramatically simplifies connecting web dapps to many different wallets, most of which have their own unique interfaces. The existence of use-wallet enables other devs to build faster and provide best-in-class connectivity options to …

You say you want to empower "value creators"

but all three suggestions listed are functions of stake, not value creation, so they don’t really achieve your stated objective.

xGov Voting Session 4 Timeline

Could you clarify if proposals must be posted by the start of the review phase? Last session some proposals did not make it to the forum until closer to the end of the review phase.

BlackRock and the potential for bespoke user-directed whitelisting/blacklisting

Off the cuff, a few thoughts:

Algorand’s opt in model for ASAs obviously prevents the token dusting attacks. Allow- or block-listing accounts that can send you something is a bit trickier, I think, without changes at the protocol level.

Pact DeFi GP11 TDR

All TDR funds could probably be better applied to paying Coinbase to onboard USDCa and other ASAs, which would open the floodgates to enable the movement of capital and ~100M KYCed users onto the chain.

xGov Platform Evolution

I think a code of conduct that covers conflicts of interest disclosure and avoidance could be helpful even if it doesn’t have much in the way of teeth because the community could still use it as a record of norms and use social pressures to mitigate some bad behavior.

Thank you, Ludo!

@tako and I are excited to build this for everyone.

Yes

In my view, this basically blends the best of both approaches. The risk of forward grants is derived from paying before delivery, such as any kind of up-front payment or intermediate milestones that haven’t achieved any outcome.

I think we should separate the concept of funding milestones

which represent unfinished work—from funding large or ambitious projects.

I want to share a collection of initial thoughts

some of which affirm elements of AF’s proposal and some of which would modify it:

The goal is for it to cost next to nothing on an ongoing basis

and be sustainable for the long term.

Potentially unpopular opinion: I don’t want my network run by inattentive, fire-and-forget node-runners.

I reject the premise that we need to further enable a pattern of node installations that are likely to become zombie nodes.

This proposal has been withdrawn

Due to two changes of xGov rules updated on ARC-34 today. Proposals are no longer allowed to represent "Reserving funds to pay for ad-hoc open-source development" and "shall not be divided in small chunks."

CrowdFunding

I think this is diverging too far from the objective here, which is devising a program to deploy the AF treasury’s funds for the good of the ecosystem, which is the Foundation’s mission.

I want to use this opportunity to address some questions

that may arise from this proposal: Q: Why are there ten AlgoROSSA proposals? A: I have split project AlgoROSSA into ten shards rather than submitting it as one large request because it gives voters the ability to control how much funding they want to provide for each shard.