Replies - Activity - shiva_prasad - Algorand

Abstract

Remix-like web IDE to write, compile, test deploy, and invoke smart contract calls on Algorand using TealScript.

Team

Shivaprasad - Developer
10 years of experience in building web applications.
Core expertise in TypeScript.

Experience with Algorand

Developer of AlgoDesk, DappFlow, and …

Conversations

Hi @Richflairstv
This tool is for TealScript, not for PyTeal.
As I said please try the tool once which helps you understand the problem it is trying to solve.
Once TealScript 1.0 is released, I think it will get a lot of exposure, and front-end developers may prefer TealScript over Puya(Python).

Hi @simonb
TealCraft is a 100% react application and no server is involved except for sharing functionality.
The sharing feature can be moved to IPFS later. you are right, in the future, this can be shipped as part of Algokit, where TealCraft is connected to the local net as the networks are configured.

I understand your concerns, but there is no point in bringing up pixel-node in this discussion.
How do you get a user base without building the product?
Do you mean to say, that one should apply for xgov grants only if their product has the userbase?
AFAIK There are only a handful of developers …

Hi @Richflairstv
Thanks for the questions.
I would request you to please try and understand the product before asking the questions.
Q. What is the market fit for this product?
A. “Developer tool”. As I clearly stated in the proposal it is a developer tool and that itself is the market fit. Developers are looking for tools to facilitate their work.

Hi @expertgovernor
I released TealCraft 2 months back and haven’t talked much about it while working on the Explorer.
But I will shift my focus back to TealCraft & Pixelnode in the coming weeks, Reach out to developers and AF to start using TealCraft in their TealScript tutorials.
This is 100% for real users.

Announcement

Introducing TealCraft

Thanks @Maugli
TealCraft is not part of this x-gov session.
This is just a BETA release announcement.

Conversations

Hi @expertgovernor
I appreciate your feedback.
But you either misunderstood the proposal or did not go through my above comments.
As I mentioned above, All v1 features that are about to be prod-released next month are going to be free forever.
The ability to run a node is not going to be monetized.

250000 Algos
The community gets a one-click node manager to run and manage your participation keys on their own server.
Yes, it is still in the BETA phase. V1 will be released in the coming weeks.

Hi @GhostOfMcAfee
I really understand your concern about OSS.
Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate it.
I know it takes so much time and effort to review the proposals and give feedback.
Great to see the community stepping up.

Hi @GhostOfMcAfee
I have a clear plan in terms of monetizing the pixelnode.
All the premium features are going to be shipped as plugins.
Users need to pay $9/month/node if they want to enable any of the premium plugins.
Users need to get a license key and add it to their pixelnode instance to be able to use those features.

Hi @omniwarp
This is the first version of pixelnode that has enough features for the users to manage the node completely including very advanced things like Metrics using Prometheus and Grafana.
All these features are free forever for pixelnode users.
But down the line few premium plugins will be available for purchase.

Hi Lobo
Windows is definitely on the TODO list but not targeted for this release.
WSL is something I need to investigate and make pixelnode compatible after this release.