Likes - Activity - RAIFF - Algorand

Algorand, The Foundation, and the Complete Lack of Adoption

who would manage it, they would rather spend the money on Climate Ride then hire community manager to boost the loyalty and confidence of holders.


The foundation

Staci has promised two improvements,


Massimo and Adri respond to things about Governance, and certainly read it. Anything outside of governance typically gets ignored.


its the bear market and prices are falling which is reasonable, but with the money they are spending we are getting no adoption. The Foundation is hurting Alogrand instead of promoting adoption. its a pity the community has no voice on anything apart from choosing pre-determined A or B in governance…


Does the Foundation / Inc (apart from the tech team), address any of the issues concerning adoption, sponsorships, accountability, runway etc.? Or is the “Forum” just another echo chamber set up that is a one sided post amongst tokenholders? How does one get any response from any of the management …


thanks for the update Scholtz, good to know they still have a shred of decency to address some dev related issues and conveniently ignore questions on budget, runway, marketing, KPI, sponsorships etc.


@scholtz you have been contributing here for a long time, has there ever been a time when management contacted you or decided to discuss with the community openly about non-technical issues raised? The Foundation / Inc is centralized and they obviously have no performance review or incentives to ex…


I haven’t seen The Foundation doing much that is visible. They may be doing wonderful things but there is virtually no communication from them. I also wonder what they are doing to fulfill their purpose. Hopefully we will see more communication from them and robust interaction with the community th…


With the 3AC, Hodlnaut fiascos, and Staci Warden’s absolutely unacceptable behavior on twitter, we’ve had many people say something to the effect of “Staci/The foundation is not the blockchain, the blockchain is decentralized.” For the past few days, I’ve been thinking, “so what is the purpose of t…


A lot of people seemed to recognize that the proposed Q4 2022 governance measures mainly provide an illusion of choice, where the actual decisions (such as establishing “an Algorand Foundation art collection”) have already been made by the Foundation, while the role given to the governors is to vote…


About 18 months ago I bought a 2000 ALGO and ADA. Both projects seemed interesting and the APY was a nice incentive. On Monday we’re voting on governance of this project. The problem is I don’t even understand the two measures I’m voting on. I don’t know anything about Algorand DeFi or even unde…


I read about half of the replies. Forgive me if this was already said - but I think Algorand’s biggest problem is general lack of adoption. We worry that Governance rewards are too high. The obvious solution is to attract more retail investors to governance. The percentage will drop since the pool …


We published two reports, one focusing on centralization of voting power in Algorand Governance Period 4:

Highlights:
Excluding top wallet (Folks Finance, no…


The FIFA partnership is by far the most important opportunity for Algorand to make a really loud noise and introduce itself to the masses (hundreds of millions of people), however I haven’t seen a concrete plan so far (if there is such plan please provide the link). A few points:


Hi, is there any way how transparency can be improved? According to current stats there is 449 algo millionaires … Most of them most probably received funds from algo foundation, and some of them really bought it for million usd… I do not have anything against those who invest into algo, but the f…


So you think DeFi should get incentive and you propose to choose one of the above measures, which are both DeFi incentives. But did you first ask the community whether incentivizing DeFi is what they want or not? I think that the results of vote on the Q3 first measure already told you something ab…


Sorry for being the pessimist in the room, but I do not like any of the measures. The LP would get already the rewards of being a LP AND of the gov. They are already double dipping, why also cut the rewards from the others? LPs take more risk and they get rewarded with 2 kinds of rewards. If they …


I understand what you are saying, but I don’t think that logic applies in this case. Liquidity is the lifeblood of DeFi. At this point, we need to incentivize and inject as much liquidity as possible into DeFi. Why hold back? We need to put the pedal to the metal and aggressively grow liquidity. To …


Measure 1 Feedback
If the goal is to incentivize DeFi participation, then let’s really incentivize it. The Governance DeFi reward pool should carry greater weight than the Governance non-DeFi reward pool. In addition, DeFi participation has substantially more risk. Based on this logic, the proposed…


I hope it’s ok to leave a response being a non-expert and just an average algo user. These are clear and well thought through proposals which are an interesting idea for discussion. I am personally against the whole way governance is implemented at the moment, giving out 70m Algo to ask 33k people…