Replies - Activity - quentin101 - Algorand
What is the database used to write the ledger records?
That’s interesting and indeed would help. If it weren’t for updates like the 2.8.0 where I need a full archival node again, I would do that. Is it foreseeable how often indexer does need to be rebuild?
What is the database used to write the ledger records?
I have a question regarding this topic. Running an (archival) node, this database is already pretty large on disk. What if Algorand grows 10x? Will we be required to have a 10 TB disk to store it? That doesn’t sound lightweight.
Algod syncing very slowly
Since you are syncing an indexer at the same time (also since November?), did you see the announcement to update the indexer to 2.8.0, which requires reindexing everything from scratch? That’ll take weeks probably (it does for me) and I can’t wrap my head around the fact that there is just no way to…
Indexer initial import speed
Thank you for your insights!
I’m now really thinking about slapping indexer+db on the same machine for the initial import. Can you clarify how dramatic the speedup might be? I’d like 2x-3x as fast for the work to be worth it