Replies - Activity - pkactual - Algorand
Account recovery
Your passphrase as in the 24 words? If you don’t have those, you’re out of luck. If you have those, then the password to access the app itself doesn’t matter. You can restore with the 24 words. If you happened to store on a Ledger, then the app itself can just be reinstalled and reconnected to the Ledger.
Warning: Pay attention to scam wallets
Augh - that’s terrible. So very sorry to hear! I’ve reported this site via the Bing, Google (Safebrowsing), Palo, TALOS, etc. tools. Not sure how quickly it’ll get re-categorized so it gets blocked. Bing is the one I’m least optimistic about since, without a corporate login, it doesn’t let you add new sites.
Multiple accounts on and off Ledger w/ mobile app
First off - thank you so much for the detailed answer! So this is the answer - transfer as in send them to myself. There is no importing anything. This is my experience limitation because I’ve used BTC, BCH, ZEC, etc. all built on the BTC model and I never got into ETH.
Algorand - 'consumer' experience, questions
I can’t edit my original response anymore but this indeed did work in the end. Thanks much! -Pk
So initially I thought you meant just send funds from the new account to the other but you said “key” and now I can’t figure that out. Is there a reference for how this is done? This almost sounds like you’re saying I can import the private key for the new account into my ‘main’ account but I’m unsure about that.
Android wallet - unable to create account
So I have a Galaxy 7 Edge and I’m having the same problem - it doesn’t seem to like the fingerprint sensor or whatever API Samsung uses to make it work. I should note, if I wasn’t clear above, I have this problem with other apps that support fingerprint authentication too. Not all but some.
Ah. That might indeed be it - the Samsung fingerprint system does something wonky as I find it doesn’t work with some other apps too. My banking app just vomits on the Samsung fingerprint verify for example. Cheers, -Pk
Alright - so I tried this on an exchange I have an account on but it seems to think the destination address is invalid. Am I missing something? There isn’t a different receive address when I add Tether as an asset. So it just ‘knows’ that goes into that compatible asset?
Per chance do you have a Samsung Galaxy 7 or 8? I know we ran into a problem similar to yours on a Samsung before I tried it on a newer OnePlus. To your closing question, you collect rewards by holdings regardless of where you hold. So the My Algo wallet or others are fine. However, to ‘see’ the rewards, you will need to claim them from the wallet.
Can we store images
Looks like they speak to this and off-chain storage via IPFS here: "The Interplanetary File System (IPFS) is an open-source solution that is well suited for the off-chain storage of transaction-related information. The IPFS is a decentralized file storage system that uses a cryptographic hash of the content to create addresses."