All - Activity - petew - Algorand

Serious Lack of Transparency and Engagement of Algorand Foundation

Feb 2, 2021

Hey @tsachi
Thank you for your response. I understand that these are not trivial issues to solve. I myself -for one- would not have a solution at hand. I am merely bothered by the fact that Algorand is not transparent and honest about these issues. This is extremely important if you want to build a…

Feb 2, 2021

Thank you for your quick answer @stephenfoundation
Looking at consensus alone is a very narrow interpretation of the trilemma. If the network would only consist of participation nodes, would it be secure? Would it be as scalable as without the relay nodes?
Even though relay nodes are not necessary…

Feb 2, 2021

Hi @stephenfoundation, thank you for your answers. I couldn’t find the time to properly respond earlier.
I have a couple of additional questions and remarks:
If I understand correctly, a permissioned list of relay nodes is necessary for the performance of the Algorand blockchain. So while the con…

Jan 16, 2021

@stephenfoundation Thank you for the detailed answers, much appreciated!

Jan 15, 2021

Hi @stephenfoundation, was wondering if you already know more?

Jan 8, 2021

Hi @stephenfoundation, thank you for your reply! Happy to see someone from the foundation answering. I’ll be eagerly awaiting your response.

Jan 7, 2021

So for the past year or so I’ve been trying to get an answer to some simple questions:
What will be the long term incentives for relay nodes?
There is only a limited amount of relay nodes at the moment maintained by VC's and some Universities. The Algorand foundation maintains this list, basically…

Lack of Transparency and Clarity Regarding Transaction Fees

Sep 15, 2020

@mxmauro thanks, but who decides when and how much? I don’t see anything clarifying that in the code. I mean, the protocol is supposed to be decentralized, but to me it seems like a huge flaw in the protocol if you give one address (likely owned by the Algorand foundation) such power. Maybe it’s a t…

Sep 15, 2020

I’m very impressed with the Algorand technology. Just one thing that keeps bothering me about the project: the lack of transparency and clarity on transaction fees and node incentives.
I have gone through the developer portal and already asked this multiple times on Discord, Reddit and this forum …

Long Term Incentives for Running Relay Node

Aug 28, 2020

Who owns that address?
Doesn’t that make the Algorand blockchain rather centralized if there is a single entity collecting the transaction fees?

Aug 28, 2020

Lowering transaction fees will also lower staking income. Why would the community approve such a proposal - which may be needed from a builders/business perspective - if it is not aligned with their incentives?

What Stops Algorand Transaction Fees from Becoming Too High?

Jul 26, 2020

@tsachi If those are separate accounts, who controls the fee sink then? If the Algorand foundation controls the fee sink, that would mean Algorand is still centralized. I can’t find anything about this separation in the white paper or token dynamics.
I have read about the participation rewards, but…

Jul 25, 2020

Hi Paul, thank you for the reply. Thinking out loud here: Wouldn’t there be a big chance that such a proposal is rejected by the community because this would effectively lower the staking rewards? There seem to be some conflicting interests if it were to come this far. Who would have the last say in…

Jul 24, 2020

I read that Algorand is currently able to do 1000tps. Are there any scaling solutions beyond that amount of tps?

Jul 23, 2020

Hi everyone, if I understood correctly the Algorand transaction fees are pegged at 0.001 Algorand per transaction. What happens if in the future Algorand is worth 100$? Then 0.001 becomes quite high and could be a burden to the ecosystem. What are the solutions for such a scenario?