All - Activity - Pete - Algorand

Using Algorand for criminal justice database

Mar 3, 2024

And I have seen a few papers discussing the possibility of deletion/alteration to blockchains, but am unsure if the methods could apply to Algorand. Martin Florian et al., Erasing Data from Blockchain Nodes , in 2019 IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy Workshops (EuroS&PW) 367 (2019)


Mar 3, 2024

The statutes in several US states explicitly require that expunged records are “destroyed so that they are permanently irretrievable.” So, true immutability would be a concern in some situations as I see it.


Mar 3, 2024

I am exploring the feasibility of Algorand and blockchain technology in general to store criminal history and other case information from court proceedings. But a large issue with many blockchains is immutability. Record sealing and expungement procedures in some USA states would necessitate the del...

Insider Buying and Transparency Reports

Jan 13, 2023

I very much agree that the selling of Algo by key members would also be important information for a transparency report. However, we would likely then need more details about the contracts for key members as various amounts of selling could be reasonable in different compensation packages. And I am ...


Jan 13, 2023

I would like to know if any key members of the Algorand Foundation or Algorand, Inc. have purchased Algo with their own fiat currency within the last year or so. I briefly looked through the latest transparency report and only saw information about selling/vesting. I do not want to know how much Alg...