All - Activity - orageux101 - Algorand
What was the rationale around not being EVM-Compatible?
Aug 3, 2021
Hi Cusma, I once held a small amount of ALGO but took my profits at 2x and my fear was that Ethereum has a massive developer pool and customer base that required eating into for another smart contract platform to compete well. That’s why I though EVM Compatiblity was essential to help shift these d…
So, by utilising Solidity (or EVM), it would make the potential speed of Algorand lower? Reach is a common language between both chains, but my thinking was that the majority of Ethereum dev’s use Solidity. So by incorporating Solidity, you can get a bunch of dApps automatically ported over as well…
Hey guys, I’m currently doing some research on blockchains that are EVM-Compatible and I was trying to understand why Algorand chose the option of not being EVM-Compatible or including the Solidity language within the AVM? I would’ve thought that the benefits would exponentially outweigh the costs…