All - Activity - notRick - Algorand
How is Algorand planning to have low delay in the new P2P network?
Previously relay nodes (high bandwidth) were there to transfer data very fast leading to low delay and less block time. But in the new P2P network how would it be possible to have low delay when participation nodes can have low bandwidth?
What is the network topology of the relay network?
What’s the average number of hops to send a packet from one participation node to another?
Incentive for participation
As we know, an online user gets rewards even if they don’t participate. So, why would a node be willing to participate in the consensus?
Why wait for 320 rounds after transferring the stakes?
I created a private network with two nodes, node-1 having 100% of the stake and node-2 having 0%. I started the network and then transferred the 100% stake from node-1 to node-2. But even after this, it is only node-1 that is creating the blocks till round 320 from the point when we transferred the stake.
Chain stops progressing when the node with 25% stake is offline
In the scenario that I specified, it's not that the chain’s progress is stopping, just block time is getting increased so much that it gives the impression that the chain has stopped progressing, right?
But see, we have 75% of honest stakes, can’t they form a committee? It’s not like the other 25% are byzantine and will not vote; they are just offline. So the honest users (75% stake) should be able to form a committee, right? It’s not like we have all the 75% users (stake) in that committee.
I did an experiment, I created a private network and made the node with 25% stake offline, and this made the progress of the chain stop. I can’t seem to understand, why is this happening? All the remaining 75% stakes are of the honest nodes, so shouldn’t the committees and block still be formed?