All - Activity - mmorselli - Algorand
xGov-210 - Lotto Race Advertising on Vestige - RETROACTIVE
This is the best compliment I’ve received today! Yes, I’m Italian. This is not a country where you have many opportunities to speak English with other people, so we write it quite well but speak it quite poorly, generally speaking. Yep, I chat with Kappa almost every day.
This is understandable, …
This is impossible, as many non-native speakers I cannot sustain a real-time voice conversation. If I don’t understand half of what you’re asking me I’ll just look dumb. With a more engaged community, there would be people capable of doing it in my place, but it’s a chicken-and-egg problem. That’s w…
I hate gambling too, this was meant to be different, but I understand the reluctance. However, it would be hard to reach the masses only with financial products.
Unfortunately, I have tried this strategy for months, but Algorand seems like a ghost town even on Twitter. I have regularly posted on Blog, Twitter, Discord, and Telegram, started initiatives, formed partnerships with other communities, but it’s all useless, it seems that the Algorand community is …
Comment by Vidhyanandcs:
As per the new ARC 34 rules, advertisement expenses cannot be included in xGov. This is really bad; visibility is the only thing I need, without that the project is dead. I don’t think it’s fair, is there anything I can do to address the issue?
Project Details
- id: 210
- period: 4
- title: Lotto Race Advertising on Vestige - RETROACTIVE
- author: Massimo Morselli (@mmorselli)
- company_name: Massimo Morselli
- category: Community
- focus_area: Gaming
- open_source: No
- funding_type: Retroactive
- amount_requested: 10000
- delivery_date: 2023-11-01
Abstract
LOTTO…
I wouldn’t have started any project if there wasn’t UseWallet. A more universal, non-React-bound version would certainly be needed. Ensuring compatibility with new wallet releases and protocol changes is crucial.
Additional Comments
- If you want to waste your time, yes. Algoexplorer could simply retrieve the information from Pera, as all other services do, but at the moment it seems like an abandoned project, which by some miracle still keeps the servers up.
- These services should be supported by paying subscriptions; I guess that in the past they were supported through Foundation grants, but today, at current prices, this is no longer possible.
- Starting your own node is easy, but starting your own indexer is a different story. Algonode is great, but it’s the only one now, we lost the chance to have a fallback.
- It doesn’t mean someone will, but there are many coders here, we know how to evaluate a project’s complexity. Galvanity, a vanity generator written in go, is about 1K lines of code. We are talking about a command-line tool, much of it already available as open source, I think your estimation is a bit off.
Conclusion
We must ensure that we find solutions to maintain engagement and visibility within the community as it significantly impacts project success.