All - Activity - MHeiner - Algorand
MHeiner
I have been learning, investing, and advising in blockchain since 2015. I am interested in private-permissioned blockchain and the intersection of blockchain and quantum computing.
Question about XGov
Jan 1, 2024
Got it, thank you for your help!
Question about XGov
Dec 31, 2023
Thank you! One follow up question: When I commit Algos at the beginning of each GP, do I have to check the "Enroll as xGov" box each time? Or can I skip that since I did it in earlier periods and have maintained my status since the first xGov period?
Question about XGov
Dec 1, 2023
Hi all,
I missed voting in GP8, so I assumed I lost my xGov status (signed up for period 1 and completed my votes at that time). I just went in to xGov and I was able to allocate votes for period 2.
So is voting in regular governance independent from xGov voting? And does missing a regular governance...
Algorand-dedicated R&D team similar to other major chains'?
Aug 15, 2023
Another little bit of background, take from it what you will:
Ava Labs and Chainlink were both founded out of Cornell University, and are still heavily integrated with the University.
Dr. Juels from Chainlink is still a professor at Cornell, and actively works with the University to produce new research.
xGov-48 Alright Peer-to-peer agreements app
Aug 14, 2023
Thanks for the explanation! I might actually have a lawyer who can help you with that when the time comes. He’s an estate attorney (or that is my understanding, he is the husband of a former co-worker of mine) that has a particular interest in digital assets. Feel free to PM me about it! I have no a...
xGov-48 Alright Peer-to-peer agreements app
Aug 14, 2023
I really like this proposal. It’s actually a practical use of Web3, which is refreshing to see. My only question is, what happens if an “act-of-God” prevents a deal from being completed? Let’s say both members of the transaction make good-faith deposits with every intention to complete a deal, and...
xGov-43 Choice Coin Compliance
Jul 10, 2023
Thanks for the breakdown and sending your resources along, I will give them a look.
I think the TurboTax example is very potent, and adds some clarity to the level of liability your platform holds. I like the direction you’re heading in and the growth potential you discussed.
I’m looking forward t...
xGov-32 wiki3 proposal
Jul 10, 2023
Have you canvassed any universities to see if they would even consider allowing crowd-sourced information as de facto information? I know I was never able to cite Wikipedia in any research I did in Undergrad or Grad. I feel this would be classified as the same level of academic integrity.
I’ve seld...
xGov-16 V2 Dotty the DeFi Lottery
Jul 10, 2023
Thanks for evaluating. Projects like these aren’t going to help crypto’s reputation. Your diligence gives me much hope!
xGov-43 Choice Coin Compliance
Jul 10, 2023
Hi Brian,
Timely issue you’re approaching. It sounds like a useful project. What parameters are you using to define if a project is compliant or not? I’d be concerned if the platform said that a project was compliant, and the SEC disagreed. Maybe I’m misunderstanding and the platform only guides ne...