All - Activity - melodyes - Algorand

User Profile

Name: Molud Esmaili
Location: Tampa, Florida
Website: grad.cse.usf.edu/~molud/
Position: PhD student in Computer Science and Engineering at University of South Florida
LinkedIn: Profile


Discussions

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: Jun 10, 2024
Hello @d13co. Thank you again for the solution you provided me. It helped a lot! I would like to share my experience with you. When using goal clerk rawsend (goal clerk send) for sending transactions, any batch of 1000 or fewer transactions always appeared in one block. When I scaled up to 10,000 …

Transaction confirmation process

Date: Jun 3, 2024
Hello all,
Thank you for providing answers. I am trying to model the transaction life cycle in Algorand and need to make sure about one point. I have a question regarding the block interval, which is currently 2.9 seconds on average. If we divide the transaction life cycle into the following steps…

Is there any transaction creation rate limit?

Date: Jun 3, 2024
Thank you so much for your response. You mean that transactions with a higher fee have more priority in congestion?

Is there any transaction creation rate limit?

Date: May 30, 2024
Cool! Thank you so much!

Transaction life cycle timing

Date: May 30, 2024
Hello all,
Thank you for providing answers. I am trying to model the transaction life cycle in Algorand and need to make sure about one point. I have a question regarding the block interval, which is currently 2.9 seconds on average. If we divide the transaction life cycle into the following steps…

Is there any transaction creation rate limit?

Date: May 28, 2024
Hello all,
Thanks for the great forum and the technical answers. I am running some experiments on Algorand’s performance. In this regard, I am creating batches of transactions by some nodes. I wanted to ask if there is any limit on the number of transactions created by one node on Testnet/Mainnet?…

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: May 13, 2024
Thank you once again for providing this information. I have two concerns regarding the data you provided. While I’m searching on Algorand block explorer, Dappflow, the block sizes do not match the ones you sent me:
rnd, txn_count
25836244, 264
25808869, 295
25836565, 395
25990224, 222
25990231,…

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: May 9, 2024
Thank you so much for the information you provided. You mentioned some very interesting points. I apologize for the delay in response, as I needed to recheck my results and my code based on your information. As you mentioned, the ‘goal clerk rawsend -Nf mytxns.dat’ command will be much faster than t…

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: Apr 26, 2024
I appreciate your helpful response; it was wise! As evident from my code, Algorand_stress_tester/stress_tester/worker.py at main · moludesmaili/Algorand_stress_tester · GitHub I precisely implemented the logic you suggested. Within my code, the process involves signing, saving, and subsequently sending…

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: Apr 26, 2024
Patrick, Thank you so much for your response! In another phase of my experiment, I have already followed your suggestion precisely. I deployed 16 nodes on 16 AWS servers, with each node sending 5000 transactions, totaling 80,000 transactions to the network. However, during this stress test, the is…

How the blocks are filling during the network stress?

Date: Apr 25, 2024
Thank you for your helpful reply. I would like to share my observations.
EXPERIMENT:
I signed 1000 transactions and sent all of the signed transactions to the network at one time using Algod and kmd. I did this 30 times. My code to do this is Algorand_stress_tester/stress_tester/worker.py at main …

How the blocks are filling during the network stress and high traffic?

Date: Apr 1, 2024
Hello everyone,
I’m a PhD student in the Computer Science department at USF. My current research focuses on performance modeling and evaluation of public blockchains, specifically Algorand. Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for this environment. There are highly technical and valuable posts …

Performance test/ stress test

Date: Mar 13, 2024
Thank you for your response. Cool! Are there any published results from these tests available? I wasn’t able to find anything on Voitest. Could you please provide me with a link for more information or a way to contact them directly?

Performance test/ stress test

Date: Mar 13, 2024
Hello all,
As Algorand has never faced high workload or stress situations, I am interested in implementing a stress tester on this network to observe its performance in terms of TPS, transaction confirmation time, block size, and block time. Considering the current max throughput is around 8000, I…

Adaptive block size

Date: Mar 13, 2024
Hello all,
I read an article a few months ago about adaptive/dynamic block size in Algorand aimed at achieving performance stability. Is this feature currently present in Algorand, or has this feature ever been present in Algorand?

Can a block be created in less than 3 seconds?

Date: Nov 19, 2023
Thank you! You are saying that these outlier block speeds are because of the difference between block proposers’ clocks, so are not real. Another question in this regard, do you have any idea on how I can obtain precise block speeds in a more accurate format, such as a block speed of 3.4 seconds? If…

Can a block be created in less than 3 seconds?

Date: Nov 6, 2023
I am currently researching transaction characterization on Algorand. I have collected data on block speed times over the course of several days which the average is about 3.3 seconds. However, there are some outlier blocks that have been created in less than 3 seconds, (1, 2, or even 0 seconds). I a…

How can I receive live time Algorand transactions?

Date: Oct 18, 2023
Hello, I am interested in monitoring Algorand transactions. I have been running a participation node and monitoring the packet exchanges between my node and the network. Unlike when I conducted similar monitoring for Bitcoin, I am unable to observe transaction packets in either my node’s log or Wir…