Replies - Activity - MasterOne - Algorand

Zero Algo transactions for rewards compounding?

Nov 27, 2021

Indeed makes sense for not having to fiddle around with this yourself. 👍

Nov 26, 2021

So what would you say, is it still beneficial to send daily 0 ALGO transactions when holding just 13.000 ALGO? And what’s the best way to stay up-to-date on current and future development, especially changes like the mentioned phase-out?

Nov 25, 2021

I’m not sure if the information in that article is still valid, as it has last been updated in February 2020. I’m only hodling a little more than 13.000 ALGO in my account and I have been doing daily zero ALGO transactions in the past, so I guess I will stick to that plan, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Nov 22, 2021

So no clue about what interval makes sense? Once a day? Once a week? Once a month? After all, each transaction comes with a fee of 0.001 ALGO.

Nov 20, 2021

Very well, so be it. Is there updated information about this matter available? How often should you do such a zero Algo transaction to yourself? In the past I have done it every single day, but the blog article on PureStake, which I have based my tactics on back then, is from 2019 and obviously outdated.

Algorand provides users with at least 1 ALGO?

Jan 26, 2020

Thought so, but what’s the incentive to run a node then? After all such is eating & costing quite some resources.

Jan 24, 2020

So no sure if it would make any sense to proceed with a CoinList / Algorand Registration now, with no info if there will be another auction, but does anybody have a referral code for that page?

Jan 23, 2020

I managed to reproduce the calculations on that page, with the result that for holding 10000 ALGO it’s actually only one transaction per day leading to the highest net rewards. 🤓 Since I only have just starting reading up on Algorand, is running a node rewarded as well?

Installing a Node on FreeBSD and OpenBSD?

Jan 23, 2020

Neither FreeBSD nor OpenBSD support docker natively, but using virtualization on FreeBSD would be an acceptable workaround. Nonetheless, supporting FreeBSD and OpenBSD natively clearly would be beneficial for the cause because these two operating systems are predestined to run on dedicated servers…

Jan 23, 2020

I have just read through that page, but it’s still not quite clear. I’m not sure what PureStake exactly does or what they mean with “PureStake automatically compounds all customer accounts that are staking with us” because I could not find any info about staking ALGOs on their website.