Likes - Activity - makman - Algorand
Funk's Ultimate Node Controller (FUNC) - 3241872357
Funk’s Ultimate Node Controller (FUNC) is “one-click” solution for node runners on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It installs the node as an auto-starting service ensuring maximum uptime even on machines configured to auto-update/restart. The UI for FUNC is a local web dashboard, allowing u…
What needs to happen so that we can put incentivization of any online account as measure 8 of GP8?
I dug up this comment from a community member, and I think it’s worth a look @Nokuaru GP8 Measures DRAFT for Community Feedback - #40 by Nokuaru
For this quarter, as I stated above I support the 500k node runners measure.
Unpopular opinion, but why instead of trying to come up with a way to incentivize node runners we make mandatory to run a node for Regular/Standard Governance participation?
I call it Node Govs. So instead of standard gov and DeFi gov we now have Node Govs and DeFi Govs. DeFi stays the same, partici…
The Algorand blockchain requires a bit less than 80% of stake honestly participating to produce blocks.
This is because the Algorand blockchain favors security/no-forking/consistency over availability/liveness. Other blockchains make other trade-offs and allow forking in order to always be able to…
Thanks for being open about the process and seeking feedback, that’s really cool!
I think there is a risk of Algorand becoming a “Potemkin ecosystem” where the foundation tries to do everything. Take Gard as an example, all it does is provide a special way of taking governance funded by the founda…
I would say that the instant finality with one block economic finality is the main drive here…
You can achieve this only with VRF (PPOS algorand thing) which is reducing load on servers and network traffic. So I believe this perfectly shows the tech superiority of Algorand over all other chains…
Here is a snapshot of my Netdata dashboard showing bandwidth usage. Inbound is usually <5 Mbps, and Outbound is very low with occasional spikes. The more stake you have, the more likely you are to propose blocks, but I don’t think that is going to have a dramatic effect on your bandwidth usage.