Replies - Activity - LoafPickle - Algorand
xGov Registry v3.0.0
Comments
I was just throwing out a number, it’s completely arbitrary.
Just thinking out loud, but if you change the vote quorum to simply a yes quorum (needs yes from 30%+ of voters), then we don’t need to have 3 versions of voting no, and people can vote no without having to worry about their vote helping people pass.
I agree with Ludo here that I don’t understand the difference between no and boycott. We should only have no. A user has to skip 5 in a row to be DQ, so they can easily just not vote for one if they don’t want it to reach quorum.
xGov v2.0.0 is now on mainnet
Will this have notifications for the non-voters?
Use-Wallet - Open-Source Wallet Integration Library for Algorand (xGov Proposal 3247418179)
Easy yes vote here.
Funk's Ultimate Node Controller (FUNC) - 3241872357
If this does not pass, I will rage.
Official announcement for Reti Pooling users about Governance Period 15
I understand that this is for Governance, but will the new xGov portal allow people in reti pools to vote based on the blocks they proposed, proportional to their stake?
Streamlining xGov Council for a High-Quality Election
Can we consider a 1w and 1w schedule instead? Faster is better with this in my opinion, and I think the faster turnaround time would be a nice “I see you” to the community.
We’re also seeing reduced activity and TVL since staking rewards went live, so having a 28d+ lockup of funds might compound the...
Is there a way to vote outside of regular governance or on a shorter period?
The main issue is people doing gov are just clicking through to complete and collect their money. The people talking here are the ones more critically dependent on xGov and the council.
Perhaps this solution is simplistic, but couldn’t we change the requirement from publicly doxxing to doxxing privately to AF under a confidentiality agreement?
The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov
I believe this needs to be structured into verticals of expertise like tools, wallets, defi, onboarding etc. This allows for better reviews of the proposal and helps distribute the load better. Council members should be able to submit proposals. If you’re asking some of the best builders to spend time on this, they need to know it’s organized.
Swapping fees: rule to calculate?
Hi! Pera does not take any fees whatsoever, but you do get charged fees based on whatever Dex you’re swapping on. We use vestige swap router and you can find more info on it here: Swap | Vestige Docs.
Algorand DeFi Deployment Updates and New Deployments
I second only supporting Algo/stable pairs. It’s the most popular swap pattern on the chain and if we’re looking to be the real world chain, we should be supporting real world tokens.
xGov-180: Thurstober Digital Studios - Open Source, No Code Tools
The Deliverables for this proposal are now complete, you can see them here:
- Item 1: The Laboratory
- Item 2: https://swapshop.thurstober.com/
- Item 3: The Laboratory and The Laboratory
- Item 4: The Laboratory
- Item 5: Wallet Enhancer
- Item 6: The Laboratory
- Item 7: https://labs.thurstober.com/
xGov 186: TxnLab Use-Wallet Discussion
Big W! Congrats on Passing!
xGov 178: SIWA - Sign In With Algorand
Congrats on your proposal passing!
xGov-182: Integrating Algorand to Airgap vault & wallet via isolated modules
Congrats on Passing your proposal!
xGov 202: Pact Stableswap Retroactive Grant
Congrats on Passing!
xGov-204: Everyone Launchpad Security Audit
Congrats on passing!
xGov-180: Thurstober Digital Studios - Open Source, No Code Tools
Thanks Adri! Pickle and Kewel reporting for duty!
GP12 NFT Rewards Proposal - Rand
Go big or go home. One day, all the rewards, total madness.
GP12 NFT Rewards Proposal - ALGOxNFT
I advocated for Rand to do this in the past so I like the idea. I didn’t like how they implemented it because their rules had weird hours and there was not a raffle leaderboard. Also the rewards were middling. I think overall the focus on secondary is more important ATM as we’ve had way too many drops.
[xGov][Community meeting][New Version][2024/04/04]
“Receive an xGov vote for each block proposed by your node.” Ehhhhhhhh, not a fan. Have an eligibility period where if you’re staked from x date to y date, you’re qualified to vote. If each block is a vote, it’s going to be even more whale controlled and smaller node stakers won’t have a chance.
xGov Platform Evolution
I somewhat disagree that everything should be retroactive. We might be able to get some smaller scaled projects coming, but not attract any bigger, more complicated projects. Sure it will help fuel the people already here, but working without a runway is risky in itself.
One thing that concerned me slightly was the high turnover rate of the council. While I’m sure this was implemented to allow fresh blood to enter and help hinder corruption, it also hinders the effectiveness of the good and honest community members. Maybe consider doubling the term length?
Wallet Council Breakoutgroup Opt-in
I know this doesn’t really add much to the conversation, but I think all of these options should be supported. ARC12 helps in terms of being able to send assets that currently exist. For example, we wouldn’t have USDC remade into an ARC200 token at this point. What I like about this too is that you can ...
GP11 NFT Rewards - ALGOxNFT
Honestly, the only real criticism I have here is the two-week periods. Seems too long, and since volume is typically measured in 1D, 7D, and 30D increments, I think having the volume spikes closer together makes more sense overall. I would like to see a bye week thrown in between instead, just so people can recover.
GP11 NFT Rewards - EXA Market
Curious to see how things work out with the smaller rewards spread over more collectors, but I think overall it is more inclusive.
GP11 NFT Rewards - Shufl
I have been advocating for a DripHaus like system for Algorand for a while, so I am very happy to see this approach. I think having free NFTs allows people to check out the ecosystem with minimal risk and using GoPlausible is a great way to not need an Algorand Wallet and the use of delegation.
Xgov-114 - Thurstober Claims - Easily Create and Claim Atomic Swaps
This one is more requested for the automated side of it. They’re also three different open source repos and I don’t want to make them all live or die together, hence the three requests. We’ve already have a good reputation on delivering as our xGov 1 and 2 proposals are already in production.
Xgov-112 - Thurstober Tools - Onboarding Enhancements
Lol what are you even talking about? Read the medium article I posted earlier if you want vision. Here is us talking about the tools on a Twitter space starting at 29 minutes as well. link.
Xgov-113 - Thurstober Wallet Enhancer - Asset Details and Atomic Swaps
Appreciate all of the support MJ!
Our business comes from our mint tools. To date, we have almost 140,000 micropayments from people using our tools. The reason we only charge for minting as well is because most of the time they are being used for profit purposes. The rest is because we love the ecosystem and want to help fill in the gaps.
Xgov-112 - Thurstober Tools - Onboarding Enhancements
These tools have $0 Operational Costs. xGov pays for the 1-time Dev fee and the rest are minimal website hosting fees. If anything, this is the most sustainable business model on Algorand.
Yes, we had a ton of people request these tools and features. 20,000A = $3,200 USD. We value our time and feel this is a bargain.
Conclusion
This dialogue represents a wide range of thoughts on the governance proposals, tools, and systems for Algorand, reflecting both enthusiasm and critique from community members advocating for increased organization and effectiveness in governance.