Likes - Activity - LoafPickle - Algorand
Streamlining xGov Council for a High-Quality Election
Revisiting a governance decision requires a governance vote. Governance Periods will be shorter: two weeks of commitment and two weeks of voting. The council election shall happen soon to time the results with the release of the xGov platform on mainnet. I’m interested in seeing how the new governance structure will impact future proposals and elections.
Engagement Discussions
@GhostOfMcAfee: Not a problem at all, you can ping me any time.
@Adri: Possible solution proposed in a discord chat is to take the approach of a staggered turnover: Only 50% of the council at a time. This would make terms 6 months long whilst ensuring still preserving knowledge and how-tos between terms and avoiding long onboarding/ramp-up periods.
Many tools that have been built for the Lab are free to use for the community. They’ve open sourced all the work. All these proposals are to build discrete tools to reduce friction in the NFT ecosystem. I encourage you to find out more on their GitHub.
Feedback on Proposals
I’m not on the team but I suspect there will be more grant requests in the future as the community evolves. All the tools that have already been built have been requested or needed by the community in some way or another.
Hard questions should be applied to the DeFi side as well. There is a much more substantial amount for them and many projects don't deliver as promised.
The strategy Thurstober is following is wise. Instead of asking for a large amount of funds in one go, they are asking for smaller amounts to gather feedback from the community.
Governance Insights
I agree that the community feedback is definitely mixed, but the focus should be on honoring the vote. Therefore, the best way to proceed is to pay the requested amount and learn from the process.
I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in improving the governance discussion and the way these proposals are being developed.
Closing Thoughts
All your innovations are beneficial to the ecosystem. The tools created in the past have already significantly reduced friction in transactions. We need continuous feedback to make further improvements.
Each small amount invested can lead to bigger impacts overall. Let's keep the discussions open and constructive.