Likes - Activity - krotkiewicz - Algorand

Unique NFT ASA Implementation

That looks interesting. First two remarks:

I don’t think you will be able to check primality on-chain. But I guess this is not a real issue as you can do it offchain. Block proposers can “steal” prime numbers: if they see the creation of an NFT for a prime number, they can just not include the transaction.

Serious lack of transparency and engagement of Algorand foundation

Thank you for your quick answer @stephenfoundation. Looking at consensus alone is a very narrow interpretation of the trilemma. If the network would only consist of participation nodes, would it be secure? Would it be as scalable as without the relay nodes? Even though relay nodes are not necessary...

Algorand Node Runner incentive design needs improvements for long term decentralization?

Greet all again! This thread is about my question/feedback about the Node Runner incentive policy I’ve understood so far about Algorand. According to https://algorand.foundation/the-algo/algo-dynamics and https://algorand.foundation/faq#running-nodes-, current network is most likely powered by white...

What stops Algorand transaction fees from becoming too high?

So for the past year or so I’ve been trying to get an answer to some simple questions:

What will be the long term incentives for relay nodes? There is only a limited amount of relay nodes at the moment maintained by VCs and some Universities. The Algorand foundation maintains this list, basically...

Lack of transparency and clarity regarding transaction fees

Hi Paul, thank you for the reply. Thinking out loud here: Wouldn’t there be a big chance that such a proposal is rejected by the community because this would effectively lower the staking rewards? There seem to be some conflicting interests if it were to come this far. Who would have the last say in...

Impressions of Algorand technology

I’m very impressed with the Algorand technology. Just one thing that keeps bothering me about the project: the lack of transparency and clarity on transaction fees and node incentives. I have gone through the developer portal and already asked this multiple times on Discord, Reddit and this forum.