Likes - Activity - KASA - Algorand
KASSI SEGBEAYA AZIANOUKOU
Ndjaména
I am a stock market investor. I am passionate about crypto-money. A digital entrepreneur. Representative of digital products and brands. Publisher in economics. I’m a Togolese and I live in Chad for the work.
Advantages of Using Only Algorand Blockchain
- 4.4 sec block creation time
- No forks
- High transaction throughput (allegedly around 1000 tx/sec, 80 million tx/day)
- Designed by Silvio Micali & al => robust, secure
- Native support of your asset (e.g. a new coin, or a piece of property)
- Programmable, smart contracts can be used
Participation Rewards
See Algorand Foundation FAQ for all the details. Algorand does not use a smart contract for participation rewards. They are backed in the protocol directly.
Note that rewards are included in the balance, so that’s exactly what you expect:114.990 Algos received + 0.016644 rewards = 115.006644 Algos total
I guess that Trust wallet reports incorrectly the amounts. Please contact them and point to this thread.
It is normal that the balance increases, as you automatically receive “participation rewards”. See Algorand Foundation FAQ. A decrease in the balance can only happen if you make a transaction. Please check the balance on a block explorer to confirm everything is normal…
Can you confirm the balance on a block explorer, i.e., search for your address on AlgoExplorer or GoalSeeker? If the balance is incorrect there or if you don’t recognize some transactions, your secret key might have been compromised.
The Algo balance of a non-custodial account only changes after:
- Receiving or sending a transaction
- Receiving participation rewards
In your case, a decrease of your Algo balance can only be explained by you sending a transaction. You can see all the transactions from your address on any block explorer.
I think you can find it in here: Super Rewards.
Final Thoughts
Hello ALGO team and all participants!
As far as I understand, Relay Nodes are the backbone of the Algorand network. Algorand Inc pays some 3rd parties to run these nodes (outside of the consensus algorithm itself, the network itself does not reward relay nodes). This looks like a big problem for the community.