Replies - Activity - JonP - Algorand
GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision
One big question I have about this: how much of this liquidity is being borrowed and immediately put into governance? As yeah I feel there’s no point in offering liquidity if it’s just going to get immediately hoovered up and put in governance and then sit there for 3 months doing nothing else prod…
Governance Period 6 Draft Measures - Community Check In
Thanks for being open about the process and seeking feedback, that’s really cool! I think there is a risk of Algorand becoming a “Potemkin ecosystem” where the foundation tries to do everything. Take Gard as an example, all it does is provide a special way of taking governance funded by the foundation…
PPoS xGov Proposal
This is nice on the surface I think and it’s good of you to take the time to write it up. I think two issues with “1 coin 1 vote” are: Firstly I already think exchanges like Binance and Coinbase skew governance. Imo they don’t have the right to vote their coins but have to in order to get the rew…
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
Thank you for thinking carefully about this and taking on board all the community feedback, that’s really healthy and really appreciated. One thing re an official art gallery is that there could be an incentive system like “if you send an NFT to the art gallery for free, and it meets our standards…
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
I strongly disagree with the “illusion of choice” way that governance is being used here. Measure 3 is really “do you want to put your coat on inside or outside?” It’s not offering any meaningful choice to governors and it’s embarrassing for the foundation to pretend this proposal has been endorsed…
I propose adding an option C: Abstain from voting and get rewards, to each governance vote
Good point. That’s reasonable for retail but I don’t think Coinbase would be willing to put all their users funds in Folks.
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
I think you’re so right and this is one of the core points of the discussion for me. The foundation, IMO, should try to stay out of the market as much as it can, picking winners in Defi and to pick which pools have a “substantial, open, market” is bad. But advising people to put money into a Defi …
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
Interesting points. "You can’t just tell people “You have ALGO so that’s incentive enough”." I don’t see why not? Or at least could we try a volunteer governance program and see what happens? We wouldn’t need 100% inclusion, we would just need a group of knowledgeable people who care about the f…
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
Rewards are not for voting. They are to incentivize behaviours that prove a sufficient engagement in the ecosystem, and skin in the game in the algo market, to be a governor. Staking is the most basic of these behaviours, it’s not good to have governors that bought 1M algo today to vote and will dump…
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
I hope it’s ok to leave a response being a non-expert and just an average algo user. These are clear and well thought through proposals which are an interesting idea for discussion. I am personally against the whole way governance is implemented at the moment, giving out 70m Algo to ask 33k people…