Likes - Activity - JonP - Algorand
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
Beyond the specifics of the three proposed measures, I believe it’s important to note in a broader sense that these proposals mark a tonal shift in governance measures. Up until this point, every governance measure has included an option of keeping the status quo. None of these measures do so. In ea…
This is an excellent idea, and should be trivially easy to implement too. Not only will it allow filtering out votes that should never have been counted in the first place, but it will also bring into light an important data point that is currently hidden, which could be a major factor guiding us …
Great post. This is the issue, though: Governance is not investing. It’s governance. I expect to have risk of loss in investing/trading - this is expected and acceptable. But to have that same risk to participate in governance is the point I take issue with. @Massimo - you stated above that you ke…
Thank you for the response, @Massimo. I can empathize with them feeling like they effectively have no recourse for representation, and that they bring a different view than the everyday user/holder. That being said, there is already a fair bit of concern about the amount of “sway” that CEXs have in…
That is perfectly said and thank you. Proper education and learning how to think with a long-term mindset is fundamental for long-term success. If you are an ALGO owner for the Governance rewards, then you own ALGO for the wrong reason. I own ALGO because I am vested in the Algorand ecosystem’s lon…
This. The idea that we are using governance to to bolster the use of defi protocols (independent, private businesses and their products) and also to strongarm people into participating in things they either have no interest in or are just more conservative in their approach with, is both irresponsible…
This is really the heart of this issue. We are taking 2 separate issues and lumping them into some kind of convoluted dumpster fire. Tackle the 2 issues separately.
Informed governance measured by at least understanding the proposals placed is better than popular votes in my opinion. Just looking at this forum (that tracks your engagement time, participation, replies and interactions) is a much better source of serious decision making than filling out a binary …
I constantly hear folks asking for rewards for running participation nodes, without truly understanding Silvio’s rationale and PPoS core principles. We need Silvio to periodically remind folks and tame their obsession with rewards for participation node runners. The bottom line is that the network …