Replies - Activity - joemoore_x - Algorand

Concerns over Binance Algo holdings getting too Big?!

No exchange or institution should be allowed to vote in governance. That is a major conflict of interest.


Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

Wouldn’t it be great if the Algo Foundation had a Twitter Spaces to get us up to speed on what they are and are not doing and why? I think that would tamp down a lot of speculation and rumors.


W3C DID registry

The best did project in Algorand, right now, is Vendible Labs.


Information on 2022 TinyMan Hack

Good info, thanks. Hopefully the Foundation will use this info.


Concerns over Binance Algo holdings getting too Big?!

I think the appropriate response is to disallow any exchange, Algorand Inc., or Algorand Foundation from voting in Governance.


Protest Voting in Governance

Definitely but with the way votes are weighted it does no good. Personally I choose to protest by not participating.


Quadratic Voting as a robust system for xGov

I agree. I have suggested this before but there is no desire for the voice of non-whales to be heard. Good suggestion. It will be ignored.


Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

The biggest issue of these proposals is that there is no option to refuse any of them. If you do not agree with the concept you are only left with two options that do not allow a negative vote. This is just stacking the deck. Reform Governance!!!


Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

I haven’t seen The Foundation doing much that is visible. They may be doing wonderful things but there is virtually no communication from them. I also wonder what they are doing to fulfill their purpose. Hopefully we will see more communication from them and robust interaction with the community th…


Bridge to NEAR, DOT or ATOM?

London Bridge is working on a protocol.


Identity based governance

1p1v is not appropriate in my opinion. I’ve mentioned before the option of counting votes as the fourth root of the number of Algo you have. People with more algo have more votes, but not so many as to drown out everyone else. 1A is 1 Vote. 100A is 3 votes. 10,000A is 10 votes. 1 million A is 31 votes.


Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

Algorand is not just DeFi. It is a technology capable of many things. If you were in the gym and you saw that a lot of the guys had great arms, would you only pump your arms up for months so that you had great arms but a big belly and skinny legs? No, of course not.


Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

I mostly agree with your suggestion but I think 63M is way too high for the DeFi. Somewhere between 40 and 50% to DeFi makes good sense. Don’t incentivize one thing much higher than the other or you will just get all of your money sent to one enterprise and stifle improvements in other areas.


Proposal for Governance Period #4

Also, the ‘cash flow’ on the Algorand is much smaller. Proof States may be good to help promote cross-pollination.


Pregnancy progress NFTs

That would be a dynamic NFT. You have an amazing idea but we don’t have a protocol to do that yet. I’d ask around in Discord and see if you might find someone to partner with. Good luck.


Navigation of taxation

Are you proposing country specific dapps? States?


Is Algorand Sustainable?

If you’re going to make these claims, can you provide some numbers?


We need to reassess Governance

Not really. You’d have to create way too many wallets. That’s why the power function.


We need to reassess Governance

Using the fourth root system makes good sense to me. This would result in:


Lowering Governance rewards to fund community voted projects

I don’t believe a portion of rewards should be set aside for anything else other than the staking for governors. If it is important to the Algorand community to set aside money for DeFi then that should be a separate topic and should be funded separately. Encouraging and supporting the DeFi community…


Ratification of Governor Votes

Looking at the votes on the current governance effort I find it concerning that more power is being concentrated among the whales. Having a method for the community to have a check on this sort of power from whales, institutions and governments is important.


Is algonameservice broken? I have tried 5 times to register my name

I was able to register my name but was not able to modify my profile. I tweeted #ANS but got no response. They do not seem to be professional. It’s a good idea but if it’s not run well it’s useless.