Replies - Activity - joe-p - Algorand

Open-Sourcing AVM Email: Joining Encrypted Communications with Defi: 3524536010

The ideal solution is you just let users choose whichever server they want to use. You could make a server for them and create their account (and have them change their password), but I think it makes much more sense to just let both users decide which server they want to use (could be their own, c…

Sealed - Decentralized Post-Quantum Communication - xGov Proposal 3534141276

I posted my concerns with a similar protocol here: Open-Sourcing AVM Email: Joining Encrypted Communications with Defi: 3524536010 - #26 by joe-p Much of what I said there also applies here as well. Feel free to quote anything I’ve said in that thread to continue the discussion here. Also side no…

I think the general friction of set-up alone would be enough, not accounting for the fact that even I did not have this on my radar until you mentioned it.

Yeah that’s fair, I imagine nodekit/FUNC make it a lot easier to setup an Algorand node versus a matrix server. Matrix is pretty cool!

Yes but then the app is no longer decentralized, because off-chain communications are now, although still encrypted, stored off-chain by some entity. I have never been a fan of centralized services, especially with data encrypted or not, because access to that data is at the discretion of the host…

I want to share my thoughts on the crypto involved here. My main concern with basically anything that stores encrypted information on-chain is forward secrecy. This is especially true for a protocol that is only using ECC cryptography. All of this private data will eventually become exposed in a PQ…

App problem, TEAL level

What version of algokit-utils are you on?

unavailable Asset 1020 means it’s not in the transaction as an available resource. AVM must know all state that is accessed before execution. A the simplest way to address this is to enable resource population. You can see an example of this here TEALScript/examples/tuple_in_box/client.ts at d8d4f7…

[Wallet Council][Breakoutgroup][Data Sharing between wallets and dApps]

Some bullet points I wrote up during the meeting. Below are proposals for the kind of stuff we need for different methods/standards. Happy to formalize it a bit more later.

Messaging Standard

JSON interface { method: string, params?: any } All methods must be prefixed with arcxxxx_

[Wallet Council][Breakoutgroup][Opt-in]

I have done a completely new implementation of ARC12 (could technically be another ARC, but we can discuss that separately). The contract can be seen here: arc12/contracts/arc12.algo.ts at update_with_rekey · joe-p/arc12 · GitHub This new implementation still maintains the core principles of ARC12…

Can algokit generated client in while composing with atc algo call simulate endpoint and fill in the boxes it will need? Yes this is actually possible now in the latest version of algokit. algokit.Config.configure({ populateAppCallResources: true }) will mean all resources needed (apps, assets, …

xGov-119: Zorkin - Social Login for Self-Custodial Account Authentication with ZK-SNARKs

I believe what John was referring to was the research we have been doing with FIDO. First for authentication with websites (ie. login with wallet) and then txn approval. @altaro’s proposal is very different from what we’ve been researching as far as I know. Even if that wasn’t the case, something li…

Deploying Algorand as an Ethereum rollup

Since we don’t yet have ZK SNARK proofs the state proofs are currently too heavy to compute on-chain for ETH. Right now one could use Algorand as an optimistic ETH L2 but you would need to figure out how to handle fraud proofs. Given that Algorand has quick rounds times with instant finality, rolli…

Fees on Algorand

The function can be seen here: https://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/blob/3ff5722f4ca5645b670d9b34a1071b4c17fa60fe/data/pools/transactionPool.go#L304. Congestion fees are based on how many blocks the transactions in the mempool could fill. More information on fees can be found on the developer p…

AlgoGard not paying out a bug bounty after exploit was reported and aren't openly acknowledging who pointed it out

If Algogard doesn’t have a bug bounty program in place I see no wrongdoing here. While bug bounty programs are great, not every project can afford them or believe they are necessary.

Signing delegated signatures with Ledger

Unfortunately ledger right now does not support signing anything other than transactions, so delegated logic signatures are not possible with a ledger-based account (or any account that’s rekeyed to a ledger). I imagine once wallets adopt templated lsigs in general and more ecosystem projects start…

Logical Functionality in AlgoKit

It seems there are a couple of misunderstandings about how smart contract development with PyTeal works. I recommend checking out the YouTube playlists on getting started with PyTeal and Beaker

Beaker and algokit

Are you sure you are using the latest algokit branch? This branch uses PeraConnect rather than MyAlgo

Is there a way to get more Algos from the dispenser?

@Nicopasquali We do occasionally offer projects a larger quantity of testnet ALGOs that would be hard to get through traditional dispensers, but we try to only do this when absolutely necessary. In general, since the ALGO is divisible down to the uALGO (10^-6), a dispenser gives plenty of ALGO unless…

[COMPLAINT] Is the Algorand Inc. aware of the heavily dysfunctional Algorand Foundation?

Thanks @scholtz for pointing out the old bounties that are still open. For some reason the default filter on Gitcoin didn’t show those bounties when I cleaned up all of the bounties some time ago. I’ll work on getting those cleaned up. The GHH3 typo is my mistake, should be ALGO like all of the oth…

As I’ve said to you multiple times, the delay in processing here is because we don’t yet have a financial process in place for paying out the bounties. It’s a work in progress. I acknowledge the fact that we should have been more up front about this in our bounties and it’s why the have since been c…

Protecting Funds in Smart Signature Contract Accounts

Yes, apologies, didn’t catch that is what you are doing. In that case that is acceptable, with the only potential “attack” being an AssetTransfer with different fields (ie. less assetAmount) being sent, but I assume this is not of concern for your use case. That being said, I still fail to see why g…

Be careful with this! It’s not a secure way of protecting funds. The problem with this design is that every transaction is public, even before it’s added to a block. This means that a malicious actor could watch the memory pool and perform a MITM attack with the same signature. If you are generating…

Is it true you get priority in terms of receiving and sending txns based on stake in the gossip network

The addr comes from the sender of the challenge response: go-algorand/netprio.go at master · algorand/go-algorand · GitHub What this all means at a functional level, I’m not entirely sure.

MicroAlgosWithRewards is named as such because it gets the total amount of MicroAlgos an account has, including rewards. On mainnet/testnet rewards are disabled, but reward functionality still exists in the protocol. This means on testnet/mainnet the prioWeight is determined by account balance.

I'm getting this error when trying to deploy asset

This seems like an error specific to the script you are running. Can you share the source?

NFT collection object?

Right now there are a couple of options

Regardless, opting-in requires 0.1 ALGO, so 100 ASA…

Can't open another wallet, maybe IP address is compromised

Can you provide some more context for the problem you are running into? Is there a specific wallet you are having issues with?