Likes - Activity - JasonW - Algorand

Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

top notch UI/UX, what else could you wish for?

I’ll try to answer, but I’m not sure I follow your questions precisely.
First, there are two kinds of TEAL execution, 1) programs executed in logicsigs, and 2) programs executed in ApplicationCall (“appl”) transaction.
Case #1 Logicsigs - These are explicitly designed to be stateless with respect …

On behalf of the entire Algorand Developer Community, I wanted to say thank you to @fabrice. Fabrice is the real genius behind Algorand. He’s constantly making himself available to developers who run into bugs, challenges, and new problems building. It doesn’t matter how big or small the problem is,…

Here is a discussion about creating a convention for wallets to handle multisig signing. Multisignature accounts logically represent an ordered set of addresses with a threshold and version. Multisignature accounts can perform the same operations as other accounts, including sending transactions…

Hello!
Yes, it is a good idea, and we are already on it.
We had Soul Bound NFTs ARC bounties for this: Soul Bound NFTs ARC | algorandfoundation Funded Issue Detail | Gitcoin | Gitcoin
It should result in an ARC soon.

IMPORTANT This release requires a protocol upgrade. This release contains a consensus protocol upgrade, which implements the following spec: GitHub - algorandfoundation/specs at 433d8e9a7274b6fca703d91213e05c7e6a589e69 What’s New

State Proofs: lightweight, cryptographic….

We do where I live. We said “Moraš imati vezu!”. That means that you have to have some person to contact there where some issue is meant to be solved. Get a bed and operation in a hospital (free healthcare), get a job (the state is still the main employer here), get a contract for some public offeri…

With divmodw and callsub/retsub released to betanet…

func TestMulDiv(t *testing.T) {
// Demonstrate a "function" that expects three u64s on stack,
// and calculates B*C/A. (Following opcode documentaion
// convention, C is top-of-stack, B is below it, and A is
// below B.

muldiv := `
muldiv:
…

Thank you, this was what I was searching for

To complement @JasonW’s answer, you can also directly sign using your mnemonic as follows: algokey sign -m "my mnemonic" -t online.tx -o online.tx.signed

If your spending key is in kmd (including if you’re using ledger), you may also use: goal clerk sign -i online.tx -o online.tx.signed -w "the k…

Securely storing tokens/credentials is a complex question that goes way beyond Algorand. It depends on the actual production environment. It may be best to ask the questions in more general Q&A websites such as https://security.stackexchange.com.

Hey everyone! We’re excited to announce that the Algorand Wallet now supports rekeying with Ledger Nano X. This lets you add a Ledger to an existing Algorand account or swap Ledger devices, all without changing your public key, your balances, or your account configuration.

Hello family, my name is Jeremiah and I just fall in love with blockchain so I am so happy to end up here, I love to thank Algorand team for creating this presence, the place where we can share one common goal geared by blockchain technology. I love you all!

Hey all,
Just made a public repo dedicated to understanding IReport-Covid survey data from the Algorand Blockchain in Python, along with a py script to bulk download survey transactions and demo notebooks to decode the embedded notes. If anyone wants to help make a frontend website to display surve…

Thanks. The fee paid is now 0.001.

There is an Upcoming Virtual Q&A with Silvio Micali on Algorand Co-Chains! Submit your questions here by March 26 for Silvio to answer them directly: https://share.hsforms.com/16YwGNlrzQw2P-9wVJOkUMg30mjl You can read Silvio Mical’s Read latest blog here: https://www.algorand.com/resources/blog/a…

Hi Folks,
I am an Algorand Researcher/Engineer. I build a Python Language binding for writing Algorand Smart Contract. In principle, it should make developing and prototyping Algorand Smart Contract easier since it abstracts away the stack machine details and lets you focus on the smart contract l…

I wrote a Python framework some may find useful for watching block or transaction events.

Use it like a web framework where you register a handler to process each block or each transaction. The framework handles connecting to your local algod node and getting data as it happens.

We’re very excited to announce the release of GoalSeeker, a new Algorand explorer by PureStake.

Monitor MainNet & TestNet transactions Browse & search for blocks, transactions, accounts, and assets (ASAs) You can even search by name!
https://goalseeker.purestake.io/algorand/mainnet

Introduction The Algorand Blockchain was created by Silvio Micali and a team of leading scientists as an ecosystem that is more open, inclusive, scalable, decentralized, and secure than other blockchains on the market. This goal has progressed since the launch through the distribution of Algos from …

Hi All,
Algo transactions can be retrieved through API or viewed through algoexplorer.io. But I wanted an automated way of getting the data when a transaction gets confirmed. Algo Wallet App (iOS + Android) does a good job of keeping track of transactions and notifications. But I wanted the data ou…

I can share source code with you
Private key is stored in localStorage and no one has access to it
I have been running https://multisender.app for 1,5 years and it has processed over $12mm. My reputation is at stake if something happens to it.

This Dapp allows you to multisend ALGO tokens to multiple recipients in decentralized, trustless format. The way it works:

  1. Provide list of addresses and balances
  2. Click Send
  3. The app generates a private key only available to you, so please backup mnemonic seed phrase just in case

I think the deepest motivation of correctly setting your online/offline state is to allow the blockchain to adjust internal parameters related to the cryptographic sortition.
The sortition has some optimal expected values that want to achieve for safety, and your total population size should be tun…