Likes - Activity - ipaleka - Algorand

Questions on xGov Priority Areas and Impact Evaluation

Jun 13 In this case, I don’t think that would be a problem. Just submit individual ones to the Electric Capital and that should be it. You can still open a thread before creating the proposal. xGov process was initially meant as such - first create a proposal thread, people discuss it, then create the on…


Thanks for considering submitting another proposal. Based on the description, I do not directly see a problem / do not fully understand the situation. Is the ownership of all the submodules with you and/or you have the rights to use them? If that is the case, I do not see a reason why a joint proposal…


Hello, it might be worth considering deleting and resubmitting your proposal again. While it’s fairly low ask, and there is a chance it could pass - it’s very low one. On the other hand, if you delete(you need to delete, doesn’t work if you just wait with your proposal and push into voting at later…


I will definitely check the code since if this is implemented well and keep up with the project description, indeed it will be valuable. Will circle back with review results ASAP.


I, who am probably one of the strictest voices within the xGov councils, will not say anything negative about resubmissions.


Hey, I personally don’t see any issue with rejected proposals (due to participation quorum) resubmitting(even if exactly the same) - even more so, as this was the first iteration with clear participation quorum kinks. Now if your proposal had been utterly rejected by xgovs, e.g. majority negative votes then it would be different.


this is from the docs: ”The xGov Council MAY apply a veto against approved Proposals according to the terms and conditions of the xGov process.”
So in short - Council does not officially have power to reject proposal based on its quality. Only if proposal is not aligned with TnC. That being said…


I’ve read the proposal and can see both perspectives. The Permission dApp does look like a simplified access layer, but sometimes minimalism isn’t a weakness — it’s a sign of sound engineering logic. In the Algorand ecosystem, projects often drown in overengineering, so the KISS principle actually fits.


The amount requested is to cover the already completed development. No future costs are covered - the xGov period is retroactive. The “at least three months best effort maintenance” is an extra and not included in the amount.


Thanks for your message @ipaleka. I’ll touch base with the legal team and get back to you.


Hi and let’s discuss my retroactive proposal for the Visual Studio Code TEAL Extension. Link to the proposal: TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension | xGov
The extension adds TEAL language support to the Visual Studio Code editor. It’s easy to install and begin with. Why would developers ever want to …


Proven team, great track record and super cheap for what the ecosystem gets. A little confused as to why the NFT info was included as it’s not part of this proposal right? In any case, this should definitely get funded.


thanks for the detailed response! makes sense


a lot of people including myself (although I wouldn’t benefit from that proposal due to living in the US) struggle with finding exact valuations of our accounts. this would help a lot and since asastats is awesome at tracking portfolio values I absolutely support it!


It’s not exciting but I think of this proposal as bringing the sort of utility that projects like Nimble are hoping to bring to Algorand. I like that they are starting out with U.S. but plan to build out from there. The team is well-known to the community and their milestones seem quite clear with …


Pay them whatever they ask. This is a great idea and will be a huge help for taxes, but also for tracking your defi strategies over time.


Hello, There are now several Smart Contracts in the ecosystem that all do related tasks (farming, staking, lending). In order to monitor them all, the only thing required would be:

a method to parse the local state (found in the user wallet); a method to parse the global state (found in the appli…


I want to thank you all for your replies. I found what I did wrong…
When I first bought a ledger was a ledger S which I later replaced with an X because of the limited apps. The wallet of algo was created with ledger S and when I sent the algos to the wallet I thought the wallet was created with my …


That is a good enough explanation, and I understand what you are saying. We simply disagree with that statement, and I’m sure even the Algorand Foundation would have to disagree with you, as even within Algorand users there are many different identifiable groups they need to think about when making…


Finally installed Sandbox and now everything appears to be fine. Thanks for the help.


Hello Algorand Community, We are launching the Algorand Project-Dev Plaza to address the needs for Algorand projects/devs to find each other: Discussions · algorandfoundation/grow-algorand · GitHub
It is now temporarily based on GitHub discussion but we are in the process of building a better venue…


This is helpful, thanks so much for your reply and references, I understand it better now. And actually, it does make more sense to leave the transaction cost fixed in Algo; I imagine that ultimately the value of an Algo will be set by the value of transaction costs (which, as you mention, could be…