Likes - Activity - Imod87 - Algorand
Crowdfunding
I think this is diverging too far from the objective here, which is devising a program to deploy the AF treasury’s funds for the good of the ecosystem, which is the Foundation’s mission.
Thoughts on Proposals
Council Member Terms
The terms for the “council members” are a bit short, even with a staggered council structure–changing 50% of members every 3 months means more time is wasted having to transfer knowledge. I’d increase this to ensure continuity.
Retroactive Funding Support
I can only support the idea of retroactive funding (RPGF), it’s probably the most sustainable way for our ecosystem! As has already been said, IMHO, it’s much simpler and safer to financially reward a person or company that has already made a tangible contribution to the ecosystem, and whose real impact can be evaluated.
Historical Context
It’s interesting to note that historically, most of grant recipients in our program ended up leaving or shutting down or even not delivering at all, which really puts things into perspective. This history emphasizes the need for a more sustainable and impact-driven approach to funding. The idea that Xgov should not be that of a VC - speculatively gambling on future outcomes – is important. It should be to reward those who are ACTIVELY MAKING AN IMPACT already as they are not receiving ANY support. Retroactive funding based on impact completely removes the issue but I guess it’s too radical to fund.