All - Activity - Imod87 - Algorand

xGov Platform Evolution

Why not contemplate following the idea of collective grants from Optimism, based on missions and collective intents? It seems a very effective idea to incentivise decentralised but targeted and strategic development, with tangible impact measurements. I also like the idea of “alliances”, allowing f…

No up-front or milestone payments. Payments should always be after a promised outcome is fully delivered. This rule is elegant because it applies equally to retro and forward grants, and it makes the program have a strong bias toward retro.

Wouldn’t this effectively transform all grants into retro…

I wouldn’t think about retroactive grants as a way to shower already profitable projects with additional Algo, but as a platform entities that proved their impact can turn to for additional funding for e.g. milestones or to bridge difficult times with subsidies because of insufficient liquidity in …

On second thought, @Loedn has a quite balanced proposal and I like it in theory. The major problem with prospective funding is assessing risk:

There is great uncertainty of risk in proactive funding in comparison to traditional vetting processes. The counterparty, its capabilities and aspirations …

I have no problem with major strategic funding from the Foundation to e.g. Hesab Pay & friends. Mostly because of completely different due diligence. When it comes to the proactive governance funding though, I would a priori support @fisherman.algo’s idea of a “crowdfunding DAO” over the one present…

I agree with @fisherman.algo and completely reject the sketch presented. His proposal is a very good template and should be seriously evaluated for its merit. The proposed xGov sketch is lacking for at least the reasons Fisherman mentioned. We could easily find inspiration by looking at the governan…

Consensus rewards whitepaper concern

Why not redefining and decoupling staking from node operation? It seems to me all these problems discussed are in nature dependency problems simply because ALGO is overloaded with conflicting functions creating friction between different incentives that don’t play well with each other; like e.g. mon…

I agree completely with your assessment. A naive solution I thought might be interesting to think about is utilising VRFs to decouple node and stakeholder incentives.