All - Activity - GlassWave - Algorand
Open-Sourcing AlgoGazer The Algorand Blockchain Explorer
This proposal has been resubmitted after the prior version was not approved due to the open-source requirement at that time. With the policy now updated to allow open sourcing post-approval, the project is aligned with current guidelines. I remain highly motivated to deliver an independent, community-oriented solution.
Community Feedback
Thank you for the question. It is an important one, and we agree that sustainability and differentiation are critical in a competitive explorer landscape. When I began developing AlgoGazer, the primary solution available was AlgoExplorer.io, a well-funded platform that was later discontinued without warning.
Long-term Sustainability Strategies
Hi uhudo, Thank you for the question and for your consideration. At the core of your question is long-term sustainability. While we do have monetization strategies and several promising ideas, the success of those efforts is closely tied to growing a strong user base, both for AlgoGazer and the broader community.
AlgoGazer Overview
AlgoGazer.app is a full-featured blockchain explorer, account browser, and NFT viewer for Algorand. It enables users to explore the latest blocks, accounts, and transaction activity through a mobile-optimized experience that enhances transparency and discovery across the Algorand ecosystem.
Commitment to Open Sourcing
I have made our commitment to open sourcing AlgoGazer clear per your earlier suggestion in the discussion phase. It is codified in the proposal. Our source will be made available via our own public GitHub repository as the electric capital repo which is referenced in the instruction video no longer exists.
Request for Feedback
If you are voting against our proposal, I would appreciate any feedback on the reasoning behind that decision. Understanding specific concerns or objections would be helpful, particularly given that this is a modest request aimed at supporting a developer who has been actively building and contributing.
Update on Open Source Release
Our initial open source explorer release will be made available on electric capital shortly.
Proposal Revisions
Our proposal has been updated to reflect our commitment to open sourcing the AlgoGazer platform as an open-source public good.
Clarification Request
Hi Simon, I appreciate the clarification and guidance. Thank you for taking the time to explain how the current Terms and Conditions are being interpreted by the council. Based on this feedback, I am planning to reframe the proposal as a retroactive grant for the development of the open-source components of the Algorand Explorer.
Maintenance Cost Proposal
Hi urtho, our proposal is being put forward as a public good to cover the maintenance costs of running the service. Is an Electric capital code repo a requirement in this case? I tried to ask this question in the discord and did not get an answer.