Likes - Activity - fionna - Algorand

Feedback Requested on Proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

User Contributions


fionna

I am against these measures. Both suggestions are interesting, BUT they should be implemented on the application side, NOT core protocol. These DeFi applications should offer to the users best services, and as such, with open market rules, best DeFi will win. It’s not that hard for DeFi app to offer...


fionna

I don’t disagree that in general people should understand that greater reward=greater risk. Having said that, there are numerous examples in crypto (and traditional finance as you’ve noted) where average folks don’t understand this. I think its pretty fair to assume that a sizeable number of users …


fionna

Great post. This is the issue, though: Governance is not investing. It’s governance. I expect to have risk of loss in investing/trading - this is expected and acceptable. But to have that same risk to participate in governance is the point I take issue with.


fionna

Wow. And with this statement alone, you have cemented my decision to never use defi for governance. This flippant attitude is exactly why people are hesitant to use these protocols. If the Foundation wants to use Governance to try to strongarm people into using defi protocols for governance, and s...


fionna

If our objective is to bring DeFi votes into governance as key ecosystem players then I believe systems such as those of liquid governance will be better suited for it than a system of auditing LPs that will always bring with it more complexity and more controversy as some LPs/ASAs will have to arbi...


fionna

I’ve thought about it a bit more the current proposals would only work as “patches” for the current DeFi ecosystem that we have, and won’t actually serve the long-term vision of creating a DeFi ecosystem that would attract new users into it. There’s a few things that we have to keep in mind, DeFi i...