Replies - Activity - emg110 - Algorand

Sealed - Decentralized Post-Quantum Communication - xGov Proposal 3534141276

You can defer the submission to after when you solved these issues or revise the ask to meet the current delivery.

As I myself have a WIP P2P communication project at hand I went through the R&D and knew about shortcomings, and that's why I suggested what I used for myself and strategies I chose and found useful and therefore recommended here as well. Wish you the best of luck and I’m glad it was a little humble.

Thank you, much better now but regarding your answer to 1 I need to remind you: no matter where you keep that message, in a box or in a txn note, it will be forever part of the chain and one successful messaging app can harm chain reliability and make node keeping more and more resource demanding.

Along with all facts other brought to your attention, I need to add these too:

  1. Having arbitrary data on chain is something I never agree with and liked since in case of success it will just render chain less and less usable for everyone if full archival is needed.

Thank you and I’m sure this will be helpful and clarifying for xgovs and the ecosystem members as well.

Thank you for response, and the open-sourcing is a great move. I already am very positive on this.

Just a question for clarity of record on why we all strongly support this proposal: Would you kindly elaborate here about how this code base will be reusable by other developers to implement their own gaming platforms, since this is one of the main great values of this proposal. How easy it is to use to implement?

The PQ account and transactions system is not finalized and as Chris Peikart mentioned as well, there is still engineering work to be done and what is available is considered POC and not finalized approach, therefore what expectable outcome can be assumed.

Awesome! Best of luck for this proposal! I fully support this and find it impactful for Algorand! 100% deserves the asked amount and even more IMHO. Thank you for your contributions.

Thank you very much for the prompt response. Next and final question based on your response to the previous one: How do you measure the re-usability of your software code and functionalities (separately please) for other users/devs and which characteristics of your loyalty system architecture and design positions it uniquely to benefit others?

I agree with 100% and believe the explorers and scanners' solutions on Algorand are beyond the real requirements and current traffic and users of Algorand. The comparison provided by you is not satisfactory and convincing enough. May I ask you to provide a full comparison table and compare with existing solutions?

The proposal is good, the willingness to meet standards and collaboration is very nice, just if the ask was a little bit more modest, it would have been what I fully support. As a frank suggestion, I would love to see this proposal’s ask in 100-120 and not more. If you adjust that, it will become solid and definitely attractive to more users.

Take a look:

  1. Better Algorand Dev Tooling and ENVs
  2. State proofs fully supported
  3. Indexer to break free from RDBMS
  4. Many code snippets and examples are only in one language or using one language SDK. I wish to have snippets for all ENVs.
  5. The most frustrating part is getting up and running a full application is still quite complex.

To the context of all great answers here, shall I add that CloudFlare is actually an Edge hosting and networking service which simply put is as decentralized as a single service provider can get over the internet. Aside from amazing features in Algorand core algorithms to defeat centralized custody or providered services.