Replies - Activity - DragMZ - Algorand

[Resubmission] Open-Sourcing the GRAMO Loyalty Platform (xGov Proposal 3548330853)

It seems the linked gramo.io site is dead.

TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension

The amount requested is to cover the already completed development. No future costs are covered - the xGov period is retroactive. The “at least three months best effort maintenance” is an extra and not included in the amount.

xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand

The project has been delivered and the source code is available in the repository below:

I’d like to invite the community to give it a try and leave any comments / bug reports etc. Additionally to what’s been funded here with xGov, I’m also publishing a Rust port of the utility at:

The Rust por…

xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand

Looking forward to your updated evaluation.

here: https://lib25519.cr.yp.to/

Thanks but it doesn’t really seem like you’re talking about anything comparable. This Galvanity generator isn’t a GPU generator so that’s a different thing. I think just give it a day or two then try optimizing to get a better idea on how to evaluate the amount of work required.

Yes, the ongoing poll average is lower than the amount requested. Do you have any questions or comments? Would you be able to bring more people to vote please?

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

I’m asking for funds to deliver the tool described in the proposal and not the prototype you’re mentioning. The prototype distribution was open source (MIT license), I’m no longer distributing it and never been paid to build/distribute. I have detailed the reasoning…

There are so many already existing generators, do we really need another one?

The proposal has stayed to the voting phase because I’ve got positive feedback too. I’m not aware of any other GPU vanity generators for Algorand. How many people use these, and how…

Please cast your votes in the poll in the first message here xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand

It’s not fair with xgovs to not honor their decision unless xgovs were never meant to make decisions and this was clearly stated (definitely wasn’t clear to me).

Ah thanks. If that’s the case and AF can add requirements after a voting session then I see no reason getting involved in the discussion.

Where do I find the duration to be a requirement? Is it somewhere in the ARC-34?

This post was my inspiration for the vanity generator and I’m using a modified kernel, licensed by the iIIusi0n there.

The point of the vanity generator isn’t to generate private keys for any account you like but to generate it for a reasonable length (depends on the available hardware) prefix. You can either use a CPU generator or a GPU generator. My proposal here is to bring the GPU generator as a choice because it...

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that now you understand the difference between the existing CPU generators and my GPU generator here.

You’re wrong here. It’s the 1st, not 9th GPU vanity generator for Algorand. Yes, you can either purchase or rent a high-end GPU. Alternatively use a decent one, e.g. I’m using my old GTX 950 which still gives me few x more than my CPU.

Yes, the tool is for people who want to generate a vanity address and have a high-end GPU (or can rent one) - that’s the point of a GPU vanity generator - as well as can use a terminal. The SDK vs tool preference seems missed because the Algorand SDK does not offer a GPU vanity generator.

I estimate it to take at least 1ms.

Sure, the difference is my vanity generator uses GPU while your uses CPU. The GPU generator will give better performance on high-end GPU systems and the CPU generator performance will be better on high-end CPU systems. Yes, 3-months best-effort maintenance is included. There’s no reason to prefer …

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. The request is for what you can see in the first post here, not for a single feature.

I’m fine listening to your arguments why this is a low-hanging fruit in your opinion. Would you mind telling me why?

Yes, there are multiple CPU vanity generators (see other posts here for links). My proposal is for a GPU vanity generator and looking up multiple prefixes at once gives better results. I’m not asking for $ but for ALGO. Xgov have no way to ask for $. Sure, you can stay with your CPU generator if you…

No idea what’s the point of having this code here. It seems like you may have missed a thread. This one is for a discussion about my GPU vanity generator xgov proposal.

At the moment I have no plans for what to do in case the xgov proposal does not pass. It’s okay with me either way.

I think ~1/2 of the requested amount in terms of man-hours. Just a quick estimate.

Hi and thanks. Do you have any numbers for the small web3-user base?

Yes, I do have reports of >20M/s on RTX 4080, e.g. https://twitter.com/chrisswenor/status/1615828271022718976.

and my own initial benchmarks on cloud GPUs — Benchmark Result Devices: Tesla T4 Total: 3696351582 keys, matching: 100, time: 509.64s, avg: 7252901 keys/s — Benchmark Result Devices: …

It’s basically this - the funds are for reopening the repository and its maintenance. The reason for it being closed source is I’m not publishing it for free anymore.

What are the open source deliverables here? Thanks!

Yes, it does include a best-effort maintenance for at least 3 months since the release.