All - Activity - DragMZ - Algorand

Resubmission Open-Sourcing the GRAMO Loyalty Platform (xGov Proposal 3548330853)

It seems the linked gramo.io site is dead.

TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension

The amount requested is to cover the already completed development. No future costs are covered - the xGov period is retroactive. The “at least three months best effort maintenance” is an extra and not included in the amount.

Hi and let’s discuss my retroactive proposal for the Visual Studio Code TEAL Extension. Link to the proposal: TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension | xGov The extension adds TEAL language support to the Visual Studio Code editor. It’s easy to install and begin with.

xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand

The project has been delivered and the source code is available in the repository below:

I’d like to invite the community to give it a try and leave any comments / bug reports etc. Additionally to what’s been funded here with xGov, I’m also publishing a Rust port of the utility at:

The Rust port is also available for community feedback.

Yes, the ongoing poll average is lower than the amount requested. Do you have any questions or comments? Would you be able to bring more people to vote please?

I’m asking for funds to deliver the tool described in the proposal and not the prototype you’re mentioning. The prototype distribution was open source (MIT license), I’m no longer distributing it and never been paid to build/distribute. I have detailed the reasoning behind my proposal in the discussions.

Please cast your votes in the poll in the first message here: xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand

Ah thanks. If that’s the case and AF can add requirements after a voting session then I see no reason getting involved in the discussion.

There are so many already existing generators, do we really need another one?

Benchmark Result

Devices: Tesla T4
Total: 3,696,351,582 keys, matching: 100, time: 509.64s, avg: 7,252,901 keys/s

Here: https://lib25519.cr.yp.to/

Related Links

  1. TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension
  2. xGov-100 - GPU-based vanity address generator for Algorand
  3. xGov Proposals.

The point of the vanity generator isn’t to generate private keys for any account you like but to generate it for a reasonable length (depends on the available hardware) prefix. My proposal here is to bring the GPU generator as a choice because it's significantly faster than traditional methods, thus offering better performance for specific use cases.

Conclusion

I hope this provides a clear understanding of the proposal and the value it can deliver. Thank you for considering my request.