Likes - Activity - Domenico - Algorand

A worked example of how governance stifles the growth of the network: Goracle

A rational economic actor will seek out the highest risk adjusted return. For instance if a country’s central bank offered 15% risk free interest on money then no one would invest in a stock market that offered 8% with risk, and over time all the companies would die due to lack of investment...

xGov-32 wiki3 proposal

arxiv.org is not peer-reviewed tho. it's a great place where you can upload your papers too and make them accessible to everyone. it’s really annoying when journals hide publications probably financed by money which came from the government and do a bit of peer reviewing (done by people who are not general...

Im curious to see how the music industry can evolve using Algorand

When I first came to Algorand, nobody was minting music. Marketplaces told me I would be fighting an uphill battle minting mine. The music I was minting rarely even loaded, I'm glad to see things are starting to get better. Still a little skeptical...

There are only 9 days passed from this post

Which its idea was slaughtered at birth without either recognizing the problem statement or providing a practical and concrete alternative solution, and since then Algorand has slid down from position #41 to #48 with about ~25% reduction in its market cap...

I know Pact is well aware of concentrated liquidity

It has been brought up several times in their Discord, oddly enough this request increased right before you made this proposal! xD I DO like open-source, but this is not the ultimate solution as very few users of such protocols are equipped to evaluate the concept...

Tinyman are focusing on developing tealish…

Pact is focusing on creating farms… Pera wallet does not have multisig support until now… Do you really want to wait until those projects will come with the ideas by themselves? Perhaps they do not even know that there may be something better than what they...

While it is a compelling story and very relevant

The only things clear currently about this proposal are the amount requested and the fact that it involves NFTs representing skill certifications. I like this general idea, but for 1M ALGO I’m going to need to see more than this...

Since Algorand has insane experts

And is the only fast, reliable and secure chain at the moment, I’m patiently awaiting for them to get a deal with Riot games so that gamers can start buying skins with cryptocurrencies. This would help spread crypto, teach new generations about it (kids are the faster versions of adopting tech)...

I agree with pretty much everything you said here

But I would add that burning Algos is more akin to a share buyback, which is pretty much a dividend without tax liability. We are already giving out a dividend via Governance, so burning is just a way to do largely the same thing with more favorable...

While I understand the concern regarding current market position

And the attractiveness of being among the top ten coins (ranked by Market Cap, which is widely used but still a questionable metric), I believe that focusing on token burning may not provide the sustainable solution we’re looking for...

You seem to think that if we burn x% of supply then the price will rise accordingly.

This could happen in the short term (some kind of hype) but I don't think it will help in the mid to long term...

Whoa

Sorry. I must have completely misread what you wrote - I think I was half asleep when I responded before. Feel free to ask questions, though for tech questions to devs you will have better mileage on the Algorand Discord. I don’t think however that cloning the business model you describe is g...

I have just got super cool idea…

Mass adoption users do not want to remember mnemonics. To go around this we can use the 2FA mechanism described in the other thread...

Agreed. But your idea about SHA256(e-mail-username+e-mail-password+random_salt) is too easy to break.

Think about the usual passwords of 12345678. But your idea is still a great idea which can be saved. The Android phones have cryptographically secure memory. For example, they support FIDO U2F now...

I don’t feel safe delegating my Algos out of my Wallet.

There should be some kind of insurance in case there is a hack, even if it means less rewards...

Serious question: why seek the community’s feedback?

We did this last quarter, and there were consensus views from the community and none of it was implemented before the vote.

Members of the Foundation do Twitter Spaces all the time.

What is embarrassing is having people ask irrelevant questions and going off on crazy tangents during focused conversations...