Replies - Activity - dirac - Algorand

Limit of Teal language

One example is that branching is limited; you can’t go back in the code (to a previous instruction), TEAL moves only forward. However, you can skip parts of the code depending on a condition. So you can’t loop. However, creating contracts is very cheap. So you should try to do as much computation a…

Algorand Governance Feedback: Decentralization Concerns

Does it? Governance is about changing parameters of the protocol to be more in line with every participants values. You don’t need an MIT degree for that. To make a point about that “elite” you’re talking about: There’s not a single currency in the world that has ever stood the test of time. These…

Silvio Micali's (Algorand Founder) Decentralized Governance Proposal 11-24-2020

How about a maximum amount of money that’s allowed to cast a vote from one address? A person with billions of ALGOs would be heavily disincentivized to split their algo into hundreds of thousands of accounts, but it wouldn’t affect the large majority of the population. A “real” person probably has o…

ALGO, as a special kind of stablecoin

You’re right, algorand isn’t free from speculation. That 1.7 boom happened within a day. Probably some whales buying lots of algo

This is one of Algorand biggest strengths. Price growth needs to have a footing in reality. How is it possible that Ethereum goes up $200 in one day, even though nothing changed about their protocol, scalability or level of L2 adoption? That’s because these investors are driven by speculation.

Smart contract literacy for the general population

Of course this is a super nuanced issue and will become more and more important in the next years/decades etc. But I think about it like open source code: If someone tries to do something fishy, there will be technical people looking through the source to find it. I’m using an open source password…

Do I need multiple smart contracts for my use case?

Good to know, thanks! So I’ve looked at contract accounts and they’re really practical and intuitive. I will implement an oracle-less version first and see how everything is going. This is exactly what I need. Last question: Since calling oracles for confirmation is expensive as hell, I intend to …

Oh wow, 0.001 Algo for a transaction? That’s dope! So, in order to verify that the transaction happened in that off-chain marketplace, I need to access a web API. To do it in a decentralized, safe way I’d need an oracle network. Cardano for example plans to work with Honeycomb API to connect high-q…