All - Activity - Davidrxelms - Algorand

Open Sourcing Multi-Pool Soft Staking Infrastructure with Merkle Proof Reward Distribution

Also thank you Leo for finding a critical bug and letting me know the other day, good luck with your proposal.

The older pools still use the same PyTeal contract but new pools use the new Puya contract, there’s currently 2 pools using the new contract, the one you found and also the new Dolan pool.

Sorry mate, I've just seen this message link.

Update: The new Puya contract is working well, also part of this proposal will include future updates to the open sourced code if any future changes are made.

Thanks uhudo and simon, just following up in regards to the new contract that has been deployed. The new Node Keeper pool is using Algorand TypeScript (Puya). This is the status report I received today:

I’d like to add a little more context to the proposal, building the platform was a major undertaking that took 3 months of many 10 hour days, I learned loads along the way. In the last few days before I released it to the public I discovered Claude Code, at the same time Gabe’s Vibekit was released.

Thanks for taking the time to look through the code again. You raised two points and I wanted to address both properly.

  1. Balance check in get-merkle-proof (no transaction history verification) You’re right that the balance check at claim time only verifies the wallet’s current balance, it doesn’t...

I put your comment through Claude Code and this was the output: PyTeal being "obsolete" — This is a fair criticism. Algorand’s official tooling has moved to AlgoKit + Puya (Python-native compiler). PyTeal still works and is battle-tested, but new projects are expected to use the modern stack.

I didn’t actually know that lol, I didn’t really know much about coding before I started making it and tbh I still don’t really know much about coding but I paid around $30k to actual developers out of my own money to build a similar thing and it never worked so I’m super happy that I now have what...

Also for full disclosure, I'm not a great developer and wouldn’t have been able to do this without AI. It did take me 3 months to build, for 95% of the build I was using Claude to help with the code not Claude Code. Then when Algorand’s Vibekit came out I switched to Claude Code which was really amazing.

I was waiting for the Electric Capital approval, I wasn’t sure of the process but here is the public version GitHub - david49046/algorand-soft-staking! 🙂

Hey uhudo, thanks for reviewing, yes for sure dao.polaris.city and the git repo is https://github.com/david49046/node-keepers-staking-platform, I also have applied to electric capital for an open source version to be reviewed.

I don’t know whether Defi Lama accepts TVL from soft staking platforms but...

I can’t seem to edit the post again so please ignore the part about waiting for the 60m block. The proposal is live.

Hey everyone! I’m David, the founder behind rxelms (soon to be Polaris) and the Node Keepers. We’ve built a soft staking platform on Algorand that’s currently live with around 600,000 ALGO worth of assets in TVL on the platform and 151 unique stakers. We’re applying for retroactive xGov funding by...