Likes - Activity - dashawn.algo - Algorand
GP14 DeFi Rewards (TDR) Proposal - CompX
Thanks man, appreciate the comments. I largely agree with your sentiments on TDR, especially in this final chapter. With that, I’ll address your main questions:
Lockdrop User Incentives
So I wanted to assign rewards to lockdrop holders as they are technical holders of the incentivised lp token...
Comments on Marketing Funding
76k ALGO for marketing? Is that even allowed? At the very least that deserves some explanation. Does the recent seed funding not cover marketing?
As we step towards 2025 with new energy and focus, we present our TDR14 proposal. Building on our core mission to make options markets and alternative DeFi products accessible, engaging, and rewarding, this proposal outlines a strategic allocation of rewards to drive user behavior, attract new capital...
TDR Focus on Strengthening Liquidity
In this round of TDR we want to focus on strengthening liquidity for our tokens - xUSD, CompX and cAlgo. All LP incentives using TDR funds will be delivered via our Pact.fi powered farms. We will support Tinyman farms for xUSD/Algo with 10k of Algo from our TDR allocation. CompX/Algo LP on Tinyman will receive...
Total Rewards Allocation
We are revamping our previous submission for GP13 to focus more on three specific metrics for Algorand. TVL, Transactions, and new users.
| Pool/Farm/Staking | TDR % | Platform | Reward Amount | Metric Focus |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| xUSD staking | 20% | CompX | 23,716 ALGO | New users |
| xUSD / USDC |
I like COOP (both the token and the guy) but I don’t think it is appropriate to be using TDR for incentivizing those pools. TDR should be focused on helping to build long-term liquidity in the ecosystem for key assets.
Discussion on TDR Allocation
Yeah dynamic interest is something we want to do but with the current contracts it’s difficult to do easily.
I wasn’t on the team at all back then, like many others in the ecosystem they left for greener pastures (can you blame them?) but here we are trying to get things moving again so we can try to build on what has been laid before us.
I’ll add our thoughts on the points: I think a monthly rolling review with a 30-day notice period of rate increases would be good.
Interest Rates for xUSD
Currently xUSD vaults charge 3% interest annually (in xUSD, by adding to your total debt). Interest rates can be updated via the admin account which is controlled by the CompX team but it’s not so...
Thanks for the insights and continuing to discuss how we form this and other policies over time.
Proposal Comments
I just paid for coffee in London with my Coinbase Visa debit card using USDC. Maybe if Pera Wallet could bring Debit cards to Algorand. I would use it to pay for everything, groceries etc... This would be a great idea.
Overall, let’s continue this dialogue to ensure we understand community needs, make small adjustments where necessary, and hopefully keep this ecosystem thriving.