Replies - Activity - danger_dave - Algorand
I LOVE coding and developing dApps on Algorand!
I’m here to learn and share my knowledge with other members of the community!
Discussions
I was trying to create and deploy a smart contract using pyTEAL following the official guide, but something went wrong
Nov 2, 2021
#!/usr/bin/env python3
from pyteal import *
import uuid, params, base64
from algosdk import algod, transaction, account, mnemonic
from periodic_payment import periodic_pay_escrow
#----- compile & send transaction using Goal and Python SDK ----------
teal_source = periodic…
Can I make a transaction to Tinyman from a logic sig escrow account or a stateful smart contract?
Oct 21, 2021
You can certainly authorize transactions to TinyMan pools using a LogicSig txn or with a stateful smart contract. A good place to get started is with the developer tutorials. I would also recommend asking questions to TinyMan directly on their Discord. Their GitHub repository containing the address…
SOS Lost funds after I access myalgo
Oct 4, 2021
Maybe this post will help? Someone else had a similar issue. I’m almost positive that if there is a bug, it’s with the wallet app, not the entire network…
Escrow stateless smart contract
Sep 24, 2021
Hey isha,
Could you be more specific? Smart Contracts are written in TEAL (Transaction Execution Approval Language). There are several examples of stateless smart contracts available to help you learn more here. Some good ones for getting started in Python are:
How to store data on the blockchain and query it?
Aug 6, 2021
Yes! global state seems the best way to track the highest bid. That is a bit trickier! 20.000 bids would rule out the use of global state to track everything, so I think you would have to use the indexer with one of 2 approaches: Store the information in user local storage and query it through t…
How to store data on the blockchain and query it?
Aug 6, 2021
This sounds like a problem that can be solved via a stateful smart contract. If you only want to track the highest bid, you could simply keep track of the highest bidder’s address and the corresponding bid in 2 global states. If there are multiple assets, then you will need more global states.
Algorand Studio ,[Opt in] --> address seems to be malformed
Aug 5, 2021
It seems the problem is that you didn’t define Alice’s account in the ‘ “accounts”: [ ], ’ part of 1.opt_in.json According to the README.md of the Github here, you need to define the addresses involved in the transaction. Disclaimer: I haven’t used this software
Idea for decentralization -- subscribe to participation nodes through wallet
Aug 4, 2021
Interesting idea! :slightly_smiling_face: I agree that incentivizing the creation of more participation nodes is a good thing. Perhaps this a topic that could warrant a governance vote in the future.
Algorand Studio ,[Opt in] --> address seems to be malformed
Aug 4, 2021
Could you post some of the code you’re using to submit the transaction(s)? I see some TEAL logic, but that isn’t enough to go off of to find the error… :thinking:
Bond Implementation
Jul 21, 2021
I’m trying to recycle these ideas to create a perpetuity. Would it be possible to achieve this with a one-token model? I foresee a structure for interest claims with 4 total transactions:
- payment of interest to token holder
- asset transfer from holder to holder of the token
- asset freeze for remainder…
I’m new here - Where should I share a cool Algorand adoption directory I built?
Jul 15, 2021
Hey @JLivingston! Welcome to the forums! I’m not sure about where the best place would be to put your site on this forum, BUT user @scholtz recently created a site for all things algorand-related. Perhaps you would want to list it on there? Here is the link. Super excited to check out your platform.
Limits on Btoi() in PyTEAL
Jul 15, 2021
Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful!
Limits on Btoi() in PyTEAL
Jul 14, 2021
Great work on those conventions! They sound like an excellent idea! My only worry with following them is that they’ll complicate Btoi(txn.note()) operations. Bringing this full circle to my original question, what would happen if I set note = (123456789098765432100112).to_bytes(8,"big")
Limits on Btoi() in PyTEAL
Jul 14, 2021
Is there an easier way to pass a number through the "note" field of a transaction? Like is this the best one can do:
note = '123'.encode()
I found another way to pass a note as a message pack, but I’m not sure if that makes TEAL conversion easier
import base64
from algosdk import encoding
note =…
Algorand Directory
Jul 6, 2021
All good now! Great Work!
Algorand Directory
Jul 6, 2021
Trying to access the webpage on Chrome and make those suggested searches, the page returns no results, oddly enough. Cool concept though!
Where does "./sandbox goal clerk compile" execute?
Jun 16, 2021
Thank you, fabrice! That works perfectly!