Likes - Activity - d13co - Algorand
d13co
xGov Proposals Pilot
May 14, 2024
Congrats on passing!
Congrats on your proposal approval! Very cool
I would like to request a opt-out feature so I can exclude some of my wallets from “double” the spam. I appreciate your work so far, yes from me.
You have my vote @d13co !
Abstract
Remix-like web IDE to write, compile, test deploy, and invoke smart contract calls on Algorand using TealScript.
Team
Shivaprasad - Developer
10 years of experience in building web applications.
Core expertise in TypeScript.
Experience with Algorand
Developer of AlgoDesk, DappFlow, and …
Feedback on Q4 2022 governance measures
I appreciate the intent of the proposals for the measures, but I would like to propose alternative measures that would make more of a difference. Measure #1: The legacy governance system was planned and put into place before smart contracts were widely adopted. It was designed to keep the whales from making whales within itself while utilizing the increased liquidity from the growing ecosystem.
I would like to see FAIR consensus incentivization. Not just online escrow accounts from folks, but also other online accounts, and also public participation nodes. Also, I would like to see the incentivization to be paid on frequent periods, for example, lets give each online account the incentivization…
I don't think that logic applies in this case. Liquidity is the lifeblood of DeFi. At this point, we need to incentivize and inject as much liquidity as possible into DeFi. Why hold back? We need to put the pedal to the metal and aggressively grow liquidity.
Most of these measures are exactly what the community has been asking for, if not in specifics in intent. Maybe you think these are coming out of nowhere, but they very much aren’t. The Foundation proposed the xGov system. xGov is being implemented. Governance is changing and your opinions are not fully representative of the community.
The rationale is pretty clear, even if the math isn’t. The current vanilla governance incentivizes people and entities who think they can keep the status quo by voting “No change” every quarter. This itself, is a false dichotomy and an illusion of choice. The Foundation’s mission is clear. Until xGov is fully functional, this will persist as a sensitive state.
This measure should be withdrawn. It is not appropriate for the Algorand Foundation to acquire NFTs for its art collection using ALGO community funds. If the Algorand Foundation wants to support the NFT community by acquiring NFTs for its art collection, then it can use its own funds.
Other Community Comments
- "I don't want to assume too much but your sending code might be a bit simplistic or you're targeting a constrained node and not seeing it as the distributed problem that it is."
- "Here's a snapshot of my Netdata dashboard showing bandwidth usage. Inbound is usually <5 Mbps, and Outbound is very low with occasional spikes. The more stake you have, the more likely you are to propose blocks, but I don’t think that is going to have a dramatic effect on your bandwidth usage."
- "This is correct. See General Frequently Asked Questions | Algorand Foundation"
- "Most of these measures are exactly what the community has been asking for, if not in specifics in intent."