All - Activity - d10 - Algorand
Algod re-sync after restart
Yes, you describe the behavior I expected. Normally a restart takes a short time to re-synchronize. I’m trying to figure out why, this once, the re-sync started from genesis. I recall that I first edited “NetAddress” and restarted, then changed NetAddress back to “”, edited “EndpointAddress” and …
I edited my config.json, changing “EndpointAddress”, then goal node restart. Now the node is re-syncing… which is going to take a long time. Is this expected behavior?
BA★ - pronounced how?
Ahah! Not sure why I didn’t get that right away.
Reading one of the whitepapers, I noticed the unusual choice of name, “BA★” (that’s B-A-star, in case the unicode is not coming through in this post). As I read it, I pause a little each time I see ‘BA★’, my mind wondering how to pronounce it. So I wanted to ask here, has anyone seen this material…
Testnet faucet (status 200, no transaction ID)
Liz, Thanks for pointing out that way to inspect the address. (I had been using BitGo, that’s how the address was generated. They tell me it is a problem on their end.)
Documentation for the testnet faucet says, “A 200 status code and a transaction ID means success.” ( https://developer.algorand.org/docs/testing-your-applications ) When using https://bank.testnet.algorand.network/, I get code 200, but no transaction ID. Here’s what appears on the page Status: Code…
Receiving Algo payments - best practices?
What’s the recommended model for receiving payments from a large number of users? My limited understanding is that incoming payments could potentially use the note field to specify the purpose of the payment. But wallet support may be limited and it is not clear how to force the payer to include this information.