All - Activity - cusma - Algorand

Sealed - Decentralized Post-Quantum Communication - xGov Proposal 3534141276

Hi @igor.m.sealed, can you explain why a blockchain is needed at all and why specifically Algorand?

Android/iOS Liquid Auth for Algorand Post-Quantum Accounts (xGov Proposal #3450979447)

@michaeltchuang the “circumventing” wording was a bit unfortunate, I didn’t mean to accuse you, apologize. I wanted to point out what seemed to me like 2 proposals from the same author (I understand this is technically from 2 different accounts). If this becomes acceptable we should rather decide…

@michaeltchuang I see you have two proposals opened at the same time; this is circumventing the “one proposal per proposer” enforced by the Registry. Why is that?

Android/iOS Algorand Playground Wallets for Post-Quantum Accounts (xGov Proposal #3450339476)

@michaeltchuang thanks for the clarification!

Hi @michaeltchuang, just a clarification on this stats. They seem not aligned with the provided repo.

The PCG Random Number Generator for the AVM

This is a great proposal!

Ciao @francesco0600, I’ve replied you here: Does Algorand's Gossip Protocol Prevent Conflicting Messages? - #2 by cusma

Ciao @francesco0600, the research paper closest to the Algorand Specifications is this one: ALGORAND AGREEMENT: Super Fast and Partition Resilient Byzantine Agreement

I want to know Best Practices for Writing Algorand Smart Contracts

Hi @tysonzacagh welcome! First of all, the best way to get quick technical guidance on Algorand is joining the Discord channel. Now, to your question: PyTeal is an obsolete and outdated framework. You should use Algorand Python instead. Almost nobody these days is using pure TEAL (which is the native language for Algorand).

ARC Spam Note Transaction Filter

Although I agree, I think it would be hard to enforce it and prevent bad actors from creatively circumventing this requirement.

Here my 2 cents, I think we should differentiate the note-field filter ARC in two classes:

What was the rationale around not being EVM-Compatible?

I want to make a clarification on the following line:

EXECUTION COSTS ~ 0.001 $, regardless of dApp complexity, because this sentence is potentially misleading if quoted without context, since this comparison table has been largely used by the community as a source for info-graphics and tweets.

Technology like Algorand State Proofs

Technology like Algorand State Proofs is going to enable a kind of "compression" of blockchain’s verification, so that even with years of ledger’s growth there will be a way to keep the catchup process efficient and decentralized without compromising network health.

Question about the future of Inner Transactions and their effect on the network

The developing strategy for the AVM is: starting with very strict limitations and then removing or “relaxing” those limits step-by-step while being careful to preserve the equilibrium that ensures Pure PoS throughput and scalability. This is why the AVM has grown incrementally from purely stateless and stateful components.

Getting application arguments as ints in TEAL

Hi @xonack, you should convert your argument using the btoi opcode. It does exactly what you want: converts bytes passed as big endian through app call arguments to uint64.