Replies - Activity - Cryptocurv - Algorand

Period 6, voting session 1 - Can't vote using Pera Algo Wallet

Make sure you have the latest version of Pera Wallet. And, disconnect it from the governance page and reconnect it. It will work. Don’t try to vote manually; it’s a recipe for mistakes, e.g., accidentally sending actual ALGOs, etc.

[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance

There should be the max staking limit per node for rewards similar to Ethereum staking model. It makes the consensus more resilient otherwise even if the same entity runs multiple nodes. Basically, it will encourage whales to run multiple nodes as opposed to one to maximize their benefits and contribute to the network.

A proposal in lieu of M3 (Incentivize Nodes instead of NFTs)

// or just treat Online stake the same as DeFi users. I think it is a great idea.

XGOV/Dapp/DAO's relay node runners

If a person has a basic working knowledge of Linux and crypto wallets, running an Algorand participant node comes very easy. There’s already a tutorial. If I would rank the technical difficulty of deploying a validator node of major POS blockchains on a scale of 1 (easiest) - 10 (most difficult):

Identity based governance

You brought up many interesting points. I think we have to ask ourselves many questions:

No. It’s called “Capitalism”. Algorand Governance is not a political activity. Imagine a person with “1 Algo” wields the same voice as with “10,000 Algos”. People with 10,000 Algos carry much higher risk than ones with 1 Algo. If someone is genuinely interested in making Algo better, take an active part in governance.

Domain Name Services

IMHO, it’s unfortunate but inevitable for the ecosystem to choose one domain name service. Imagine immense confusion when the same name is served by two different domain name services, resulting in two different identities - this is going to be a disaster. That said, NFD is much better than ANS in terms of usability.

Where is the Algorand Foundation with all that's happening

I don’t think it’s appropriate for the Foundation (or Inc) to make any comments on price movements. Was there any attack on the Algorand protocol? I saw somebody raised a concern on Twitter about sub-hash, etc. But, they were all clearly answered by the Algo team. Basically, Algo tech stack is robust and secure.

Config.json options to speed up relay node sync

2 TB is recommended; be prepared for a bigger storage as Algorand grows. I wouldn’t bother to set up RAID 0. Config tweak wouldn’t help much. The best way is to use a "local NVMe" storage. I was able to get my node to full sync status in about 15 days.

Indexer error: overflowed subtracting rewards for block

If your project is small, there’s a free indexer API service available at AlgoNode. I think they have a good reputation. Also, the website provides a blockchain snapshot for a quick, full sync-up for non-production environments - i.e., use it at your own risk.

Node firewall configuration

A participation node is a client. As such, you can allow only outgoing connections and block all incoming ones. The client makes a couple of outgoing connections on TCP port 4160. If telemetry is enabled, it also makes a connection on TCP port 9243.

What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?

No, I didn’t. I don’t think the config change would help much because the bottleneck is mostly disk I/O. My nodes are running with local NVMe SSD storage. Network-attached storage, e.g., EC2 EBS, wouldn’t cut it because of high latency and jitter.

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1

Hi Fabrice, My node has been recovered and is working. Yes, I’m using AlertHub to monitor my account and voting status. Things look good there.

On-chain voting key differs from participation voting key

The issue seems to have been transient. It disappeared by itself. Now, my node is able to broadcast a vote.

General Inquiry

My node has been synced to block # 8,368,821 - I noticed some performance issues. Is there something I should check to ensure my node is functioning properly?