Replies - Activity - Cryptocurv - Algorand
Period 6, voting session 1 - Can't vote using Pera Algo Wallet
Make sure you have the latest version of Pera Wallet. And, disconnect it from the governance page and reconnect it. It will work. Don’t try to vote manually; it’s a recipe for mistakes, e.g., accidentally sending actual ALGOs, etc.
[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance
There should be the max staking limit per node for rewards similar to Ethereum staking model. It makes the consensus more resilient otherwise even if the same entity runs multiple nodes. Basically, it will encourage whales to run multiple nodes as opposed to one to maximize their benefits and contr…
A proposal in lieu of M3 (Incentivize Nodes instead of NFTs)
// or just treat Online stake the same as DeFi users. I think it is a great idea.
XGOV/Dapp/DAO's relay node runners
If a person has basic working knowledge of Linux and crypto wallets, running an Algorand participant node comes very easy. There’s an already tutorial. If I would rank technical difficulty of deploying a validator node of major POS blockchains in scale of 1 (easiest) - 10 (most difficult) :
Identity based governance
You brought up many interesting points. I think we have to ask ourselves many questions:
- What would make a better or the best governance system?
- What’s the goal of the governance system?
- Was there actual harm done by the current governance system?
- What’s the outcome we’re expecting through the be…
Identity based governance
No. It’s called “Capitalism”. Algorand Governance is not a political activity. Imagine a person with “1 Algo” wields the same voice as with “10,000 Algos”. People with 10,000 Algos carry much much higher risk than ones with 1 Algo. If someone is genuinely interested in making Algo better, take an…
Domain Name Services
IMHO, it’s unfortunate but inevitable for the ecosystem to choose one domain name service. Imagine immense confusion when the same name is served by two different domain name services, resulting into two different identities - this is going to be a disaster. That said, NFD is much better than ANS i…
Where is the Algorand Foundation with all that's happening
I don’t think it’s appropriate for the Foundation (or Inc) to make any comments on price movements. Was there any attack on the Algorand protocol? I saw somebody raised a concern on Twitter about sub-hash, etc. But, they were all clearly answered by the Algo team. Basically, Algo tech stack is as s…
Config.json options to speed up relay node sync
2 TB is recommended; be prepared for a bigger storage as Algorand grows. I wouldn’t bother to set up raid 0.
Config.json options to speed up relay node sync
Config tweak wouldn’t help much. The best way is to use a “local NVMe” storage. I was able to get my node to full sync status in about 15 days.
Indexer error: overflowed subtracting rewards for block
If your project is small, there’s a free indexer API service available at AlgoNode | Free Algorand API provider. I think they have a good reputation. Also, the website provides a blockchain snapshot for a quick, full sync-up for non-production environment - i.e., use it on your own risk.
Node firewall configuration
A participation node is a client. As such, you can allow only outgoing connections and block all incoming ones. The client makes a couple of outgoing connections on tcp port 4160. If telemetry is enabled, it also makes a connection on tcp port 9243.
What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?
No, I didn’t. I don’t think the config change would help much because the bottleneck is mostly disk I/O. My nodes are now running with local NVMe SSD storage. Network attached storage, e.g., EC2 EBS, wouldn’t cut it because of high latency and jitter. Check this web site below; it has very good i…
What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?
Hi Fabrice, I used ‘catchup’ for fast sync. It looks like it’s not supported for an archival or relay node. Perhaps, this limitation can be documented in the install guide. Anyhow, since then, I’ve restarted my node and can see upticks in my disk usage. My node has been synced to block # 8,368,82…
What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?
My node is running on AWS. It has NVMe SSD, 32GB RAM, and 8 vCPUs. The system load is super low. Is there something I should check?
What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?
How long does it take to get to 1.1TB? My archival node has been running for almost a week and yet the disk usage is about 40GB. It seems the disk usage increases about 1~2GB per day. My node has 1Gbps network bandwidth.
IOPS required for Fast catchup for mainnet
//Concretely, currently, you can run an archival node + indexer for both MainNet and TestNet on GCP VM using a balanced persistent disk (that uses more than 3TB). IOPS with the above VM config is about 18,000 IOPS (= 6 x 3000). This is good info! In my case, indexer is not needed. I’m using AWS EC2…
Algorand Node on VM cannot sync - issue with space?
Hi Fabrice, Just curious… Do algod-err.log and algod-out.log exist if there have been no errors? My node has only two log files: /var/lib/algorand $ ls *.log node.archive.log node.log
Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1
Hi Fabrice, My node has been recovered and is working. Yes, I’m using AlertHub to monitor my account and voting status. Things look good there.
Mainnet participant node syncing problem
Hi Fabrice, Yes, it is a duplicate… This was an original post but was flagged and hidden as a potential spam. I think the post was unflagged today by the staff.
On chain voting key differ from participation voting key
The issue seems to have been transient. It disappeared by itself. Now, my node is able to broadcast a vote.
Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1
Hi Scholtz, Is your node a participant node? If so, is your pending txns increasing?
Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1
Got it. Thanks bunches, Ben!
Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1
Hi Ben, What would you recommend to check if my node is participating without an issue? For example, is there a way to know if my node is misbehaving or not with regard to being ‘dishonest’ or ‘penalized’? When the issue started, I noticed bunch of pending txns on my node - goal node pendingtxns.